Gelicure staining

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K4ren

Reaction score
Hi,

I use Gelicure and love it but I have experienced staining of the nail plate when I remove some colours, Forest and Heartbreak.

Can I ask what colours you have experienced staining with? How you prepare the nail prior to the colours you know stain and more importantly, if like me you remove a colour and were not aware it stained, what explanation do you give to your client and what do you do to correct the staining if they are not having another application.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Karen x

Hi,

I use Gelicure and love it but I have experienced staining of the nail plate when I remove some colours, Forest and Heartbreak.

Can I ask what colours you have experienced staining with? How you prepare the nail prior to the colours you know stain and more importantly, if like me you remove a colour and were not aware it stained, what explanation do you give to your client and what do you do to correct the staining if they are not having another application.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Karen x

Hi Karen,

I had problems with Heartbreak staining and I sent it back to Palms Extra and changed it for Sexy Red. When I mentioned it on here nobody else had had any trouble with it so I assumed it was a rogue bottle! I, like you, didn't know what to say to the client! Jox

Thanks for your response. Perhaps I should send it back also.

Has no-one esle experienced this?

I haven't got heartbreak, but once or twice with the darker colours like Victorian teal the colour has marked the nail a little but a quick swipe with a buffer file and its gone.

I am finally going on a Gelicure training day next week, have either of you been to a Gelicure day?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

This staining was really noticeable alongside the new nail growth. I did buff with a white block was wary of buffing too much, the side walls were still stained when she left.

She returned a couple of days later to have another manicure, she wanted Electric Touch on (she is going on safari and wanted a plain colour). You could still notice the staining beneath it and I could tell she wasn't happy. Hopefully I have not lost a client.

I have not done the training but would be interested what they say should the subject arise?

Hi
I have just experienced some bad staining from using victorian teal, lucky it was on my nails and not a clients! I messaged palms extra and they said I must of missed out the base coat! I told them I know that I didn't. They send me the leaflet on application and removal, which I told them I have done the gelicure course last november and I have never had it happen to me before! It looks like I'm not the only one this has happen too.

Victorian teal stained some of my nails too - I had to wait for it to grow out!

Hi
I have just experienced some bad staining from using victorian teal, lucky it was on my nails and not a clients! I messaged palms extra and they said I must of missed out the base coat! I told them I know that I didn't. They send me the leaflet on application and removal, which I told them I have done the gelicure course last november and I have never had it happen to me before! It looks like I'm not the only one this has happen too.

Did a gentle buff not remove the stain?

Victorian teal stained some of my nails too - I had to wait for it to grow out!

Oh no thats not good! Still got some on my nails, was hoping it would be gone the next time I take my next colour off.

Did a gentle buff not remove the stain?

It didn't with mine and was too worried about damaging my nail. It was fine as I usually wear dark colours anyway.

Latest posts

Back