Gelish 18g LED Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sally has there VAT free day this thur and its included there really tempted....

Hi Hun I got mine about 6 months ago, you can order it at Sally on their vat free days xxx

Ooooo fab thank you xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Brought mine straight after I did a Gelish training day, thankfully a show was coming up so manged to get at discounted price. By far best lamp I've ever had :Love::Love::Love:

Shhhhhh everyone, you're making me want one hahaha

I have both the CND Lamp and the 18g. OMG - I love the 18g. it's so quick and easy to use, easy to clean, smaller then the CND lamp... I just love it!! I still prefer to use the CND lamp for toes but that's purely down to me and my choice and not the lamp. I totally recommend this lamp and it's worth the investment, it really is! Do it, Do it! It's lush :)

Does the 18g lamp do Shellac also? I just dont understand why it has such a massive price tag, how can they justify that the lamp is worth that much, it must cost hardly anything to make, so why so expensive :(

Does the 18g lamp do Shellac also? I just dont understand why it has such a massive price tag, how can they justify that the lamp is worth that much, it must cost hardly anything to make, so why so expensive :(

According to CND, Shellac is not LED curable. And while I agree that a lamp must cost very little to make, an excellent lamp like CND Shellac's or the Gelish 18g or OPI GelColors are probably a lot more costly to make; probably that's why all of them cost 3-4 times what the generics do.

According to CND, Shellac is not LED curable. And while I agree that a lamp must cost very little to make, an excellent lamp like CND Shellac's or the Gelish 18g or OPI GelColors are probably a lot more costly to make; probably that's why all of them cost 3-4 times what the generics do.

Not so sure about that - I bought my "Harmony" standard UV lamp direct from the company that supplied them to Harmony (Fräulein) for €49.

Not so sure about that - I bought my "Harmony" standard UV lamp direct from the company that supplied them to Harmony (Fräulein) for €49.

The actual casing for the lamp is probably pretty inexpensive but LED lighting itself is really expensive and I know that you need to use some pretty sophisticated technology to turn LED into a light bulb so it could well be something to do with that. I'm sure there is quite a considerable mark up on it though as there is with everything. I guess it just comes down to how much you use it as the LED is so much faster to cure, I decided it was worth it.

My only question left..... I currently use Brisa Lite sculpting gel under gelish sometimes when clients have had a break and need a repair or something... this would mean I'd need to carry my CND lamp AND my 18g wouldn't it ? :-/

Ah I won't be getting it if it's excluded from VAT free days :( xxx

It wasn't excluded from VAT free at my local Sally's when I enquired. As long as you pay for it on the day my branch said they would order it in for me. As it happens I picked mine up at Pro Beauty the following week anyway where it was VAT free.

Wouldn't be without my 18G - just need to think of a name for her :)

Just not sure as I use brisa sculpting gel too and I'm mobile :-/ don't want to carry 2 lamps :(x

I'm puzzled by this because Fraulein only makes UV and HNH doesn't make/sell any.

Just not sure as I use brisa sculpting gel too and I'm mobile :-/ don't want to carry 2 lamps :(x

Yes you would need two. Far better to wait until CND release the led lamp next year and see which systems transfer over (all I assume) and if nail harmony say that lamp is compatible as you know CND will never make it so Gelish will cure in their lamp. X

Nail Harmony are having a Vat free day tomorrow, only for phone orders though. Just received a email.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes you would need two. Far better to wait until CND release the led lamp next year and see which systems transfer over (all I assume) and if nail harmony say that lamp is compatible as you know CND will never make it so Gelish will cure in their lamp. X

I don't think my back will last until next year though lol plus in the mean time.... think of all those hours I could save when doing my own nails lol xxx

Hi I had an email from harmony last night to say that have a vat free day today for phone orders and it does include the lamp! Today only xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I had an email from harmony last night to say that have a vat free day today for phone orders and it does include the lamp! Today only xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Salon services have a VAT free day too.

Nail harmony's is by phone only :( I think by the end of today I will be broke x

I'm getting the lamp today... sod it haha x

I don't think my back will last until next year though lol plus in the mean time.... think of all those hours I could save when doing my own nails lol xxx

Perhaps you should change to GHG as your brisa will not cure in the 18G and you can't carry two lamps around surely?! Or just use the 18g at home/salon I'm not sure i will carry mine around. Thou rather annoyed I spent £370 quid with them Tuesday haven't had my order yet but missed vat free. Growl!

Latest posts

Back