Gelish and glitter powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewhitehead2

Reaction score
Hi im just wondering about if you can use any glitter powder with gelish? ive used it with shellac before and im wondering if it will work just as well x

p.s to those who have seen my previous question about which uv gel to use i went with gelish as no one else is using it round here x:idea:

If it works with Shellac it will work with Gelish. Burnish it into the inhibition layer then topcoat.

thanks x

I use Gelish and also lots of different glitters. All of them work fine. As the previous poster said, just press or burnish it into the layer of colour after curing then use Top It Off.

Sometimes if I use a slightly courser glitter and it isnt a smooth finish then I use the spongy file and just buff it over slightly and lightly then TIO again to seal.

Check the edges are nice and smooth too on completion.

Glitter works perfectly with gelish! You'll love it!! xx

thanx everyone...ive ordered my basic starter kit today...all the way from the usa as its a damn sight cheaper lol..

ive got glitter powder that i bought from a cake shop..strange i know but its a really fine glitter...doesnt dissolve and isnt toxic...and they have a good range so i'll be able to do 'rockstar' nails in lots of colours.

thanx everyone...ive ordered my basic starter kit today...all the way from the usa as its a damn sight cheaper lol..

ive got glitter powder that i bought from a cake shop..strange i know but its a really fine glitter...doesnt dissolve and isnt toxic...and they have a good range so i'll be able to do 'rockstar' nails in lots of colours.

I hope you haven't bought your Gelish from the USA. If you buy from USA you may get hit by customs (vat) for importing the stuff or it may well be fake. Your insurance in the event of a client claiming on your policy may be invalidated as you aren't buying from an official source too.

Nail harmony UK and Sallys Salon services are the only authorized distributors for genuine products and great service / advice / training. Buying from genuine distributors guarantees it's genuine and if you have issues they help support you. Clients and your own health is at risk when you buy fakes.

Last edited:
Can I jump in on this....I really want to try this too - quick question - does the glitter come off onto the top coat?

A little can come off on top coat. I have 2 top costs on the go one for Rockstar/twinkle toes and one for plain colour application. X

I hope you haven't bought your Gelish from the USA. If you buy from USA you may get hit by customers for importing the stuff or it may well be fake. Your insurance in the event of a client claiming on your policy may be invalidated as you aren't buying from an official source too.

Nail harmony UK and Sallys Salon services are the only authorized distributors for genuine products and great service / advice / training. Buying from genuine distributors guarantees it's genuine and if you have issues they help support you. Clients and your own health is at risk when you buy fakes.
They are genuine gelish products Ive bought..I asked Gelish where to buy them from in this country but they gave me a link to a website that didnt sell it....at all! I dont like buying off ebay and I've only bought 7 colours through this company as I'm only just starting out..I will hae to check my policy about product buying but Im not in a salon I work from home ..the only ppl I'm doing at the moment are friends and family x but i will now check out sallys salon

Latest posts

Back