Gelish and Sharpie pens?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nibbler

Reaction score
I've tried using a sharpie pen with gelish but my design smudged off when I applied the top coat. I used the sharpie after I had wiped off the sticky layer of the second colour coat. Am I doing it wrong. I've had a look through the forum and sharpies work fine with shellac.

I think maybe if you let it dry a little and then with a bead of the gel top coat run over the design without the brush touching

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried using a sharpie pen with gelish but my design smudged off when I applied the top coat. I used the sharpie after I had wiped off the sticky layer of the second colour coat. Am I doing it wrong. I've had a look through the forum and sharpies work fine with shellac.

You need to apply the top coat also then wipe away the sticky layer, buff the top coat slightly making sure you don't buff into the colour coat, apply your design using the sharpie then apply another top coat, hope this helps :)

Thanks ladies I'll have a go x

Latest posts

Back