Gelish Arctic Freeze wrinkling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovenails89

Reaction score
Worst moment of life!

Im gonna be myself for a minute okay girls.... Been working since 8am, acting all professional and ladylike, I need to let this woman OUT!

Had a client today, who wanted their entire nails done with with Arctic Freeze by Gelish, so I was like, "HEY! let's go girl!" And to be honest I've only ever used this one at the tip for french manicure.

Now I know yall are gonna ask! STEPS:
- pushed back and dry cleaned cuticles
-shaped nails
-buffed top
-cleaned nails with Nail Surface Cleaner , under nail and free edge with a lint free pad
-ph bond-ed nail bed and free edge
-applied foundation cuticle to free edge, capped that bitch. And te s yall, in a THIN layer
-cured 30 seconds
- applied Arctic freeze from cuticle to free edge, capping, making sure none of that **** touched skin.

Poped that hand in Gelish uv lamp and cured her for 2 minutes.

She came out, WRINKLED like 90 year old who tanned daily in her 20s with baby oil and a tin foil board.

"Ok, weird? Maybe I cured too long?"... Didn't have another client for another 2 hours, so I started all over, same steps, cuz I know you wonderin! Cured only one minute this time.

This bitch just don't wanna stay smooth!? As wrinkled as could be!

Yes, I'm Gelish trained, yes I have my esthetics license..... And I know y'all wonderin.... Listen honeys, I'm not as crude with my clients, trust me. We family here no? I can be myself!

Give a girl some NICE advice okay!?

This isn't her finger (obviously as she chose white), I wasn't about to pause and start having a photoshoot of my demented performance I did on her nail when she was already devastated and on the verge of tears. Took this from the internet, but essentially this is what her nail looked like, only in arctic freeze.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405810069.799985.jpg

Haha, your post got be laughing. Id be curious to see what people advise as I've had this happen to me before with Arctic Freeze even just with french manicure tip

This happens when you apply the colour coat too thick - with the thicker consistency colours you need to do it reaaaaally thin... Hope that helps :) x

I have no advice to give. Just that I like the cut of your jib.

GIRL! I swear i applied it thin!

I have one gellish Polish exactly the same (can't remember the name of it) and I swear I do everything as you've mentioned and apply it as thin as possible but it continues to wrinkle, I've set it under a UV lamp and even tried a LED lamp and every time it comes out with a wrinkle!!!!! Last time I used it it wasn't as bad as before and my top it off coat fixed the wrinkles, set it under LED for 30 sec and give the bottle a really good shake :)

My Arctic Freeze is thick. I hate it, horrible stuff. I wanted one white nail and couldn't do it nicely.
I'm going to buy a Cuccio white and try that.

Could you maybe speak to someone at Harmony and see if they can recommend anything or replace the colour.

I don't have Arctic Freeze but I do have Sheek White and that also has a really thick consistency, I usually apply it on all the fingers, wipe my brush clean so there's no product on it then go over them with the clean brush to try make my layers thinner. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't :( xx

I've never had this problem with my arctic freeze but because my shellac cream puff used to do it I've done this since:
paint my first coat on thin like I normally would, wipe any colour left on the brush back into the neck of the bottle and then go over again to take of any excess.
Cure and then do a second coat.
Xx

I've never had this problem with my arctic freeze but because my shellac cream puff used to do it I've done this since:
paint my first coat on thin like I normally would, wipe any colour left on the brush back into the neck of the bottle and then go over again to take of any excess.
Cure and then do a second coat.
Xx

This is what I do. I've not gad a problem, only on a colour pop when I applied it too thick.

Also -just a side note (nothing to do with it wrinkling) but what lamp do you have? I see you cured the foundation for 30 secs. If it's UV it needs to be 1 minute, depending on the LED it's either 5 or 10 secs. xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh lord! I'm still new to this app, didn't realize I got all these replies! Thanks girls

My arctic freeze is perfection. Every other white I've had is rubbish. Applied thin it never happens too me. Shake it make sure your room isn't too warm and your lamp is a 12watt led. Otherwise no idea :/ x

Latest posts

Back