Gelish came off within 6 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charl12dance

Reaction score
I did a gelish manicure last Saturday and the client come back to me today as 4 of her gelish nails had come off. The one nail she caught and expected to come of, the other 3 just started peeling off and by today 4 had come off. Her nails looked fine, no sign she had picked it off, it just looked like they had been soaked off.

Before I did the treatment she did say she'd had them done before (else where) and they didn't last. So I put this down to someone not doing the correct application, they weren't legit products or maybe lack of after care advice.
So I was really over carefully with everything I did & double checked myself. As you can imagine I was gutted when she came in today.

The gelish kit I used is brand new as of 2 months ago from salon services. I have done 8 clients, none of which have come back with this problem. I followed the procedure step by step. I had previously trained with geleration 4 years ago so I've been doing this along time.

I really don't know where I went wrong? Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any advice would be appreciated.

I did a gelish manicure last Saturday and the client come back to me today as 4 of her gelish nails had come off. The one nail she caught and expected to come of, the other 3 just started peeling off and by today 4 had come off. Her nails looked fine, no sign she had picked it off, it just looked like they had been soaked off.

Before I did the treatment she did say she'd had them done before (else where) and they didn't last. So I put this down to someone not doing the correct application, they weren't legit products or maybe lack of after care advice.
So I was really over carefully with everything I did & double checked myself. As you can imagine I was gutted when she came in today.

The gelish kit I used is brand new as of 2 months ago from salon services. I have done 8 clients, none of which have come back with this problem. I followed the procedure step by step. I had previously trained with geleration 4 years ago so I've been doing this along time.

I really don't know where I went wrong? Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any advice would be appreciated.

What's your step by step? X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

What's your step by step? X

I buffed the nails then used the ph bond, I then used the cleanser to wipe the nail.Then one layer foundation cured in a led lamp for 30 seconds, two layers of colour cured for 45 seconds, one layer of top coat cured for 45 seconds. Each layer the free edge was capped. I then used the cleanser to wipe the nail and finished with the cuticle oil.

What type of lamp do you use is it LED or UV?

You need to remove the cuticle from the nail plate, using a cuticle remover and pusher. Product doesn't like to stick to skin, so this needs to be removed before application x

It just doesn't last on some people, might be nothing you did. I tend to really dehydrate the nail by wiping with acetone before applying base coat if somebody hasn't lasted, that usually works. I never use PH bond on anyone and some of my clients last 5-6 weeks (looks ridiculous but each to their own!) x

You need to remove the cuticle from the nail plate, using a cuticle remover and pusher. Product doesn't like to stick to skin, so this needs to be removed before application x

I agree with Tinkerbelle. If you haven't removed the cuticle from the nail plate then it will just peel off or chip as the cuticle acts as a barrier preventing adhesion. x

Latest posts

Back