Gelish clear overlay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C&G Beauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks I have a client who wants clear overlay I was going to do brisa. But can you do 2 layers of gelish base gel and a top coat to give a similar effect does anyone know?

I have shellac as well just thought gelish would be stronger, her nails are pretty strong though.

I did this previously using one FG, one simple sheer then 2 TIO.
Hope that helps x

I did this previously using one FG, one simple sheer then 2 TIO.
Hope that helps x

Thankyou for this, I haven't got simple sheer so do you think I can just leave this out?

I always use structure gel, one ore two layers depending on clients nails, if just doing a clear overlay.

I always use structure gel, one ore two layers depending on clients nails, if just doing a clear overlay.

I have never used structure gel is it similar to Brisa? Perhaps I will invest in some ? Thanks

Dont think you would need to double up on the base, its too thin to add any extra strength. Base and 2 coats of top coat would work fine.

Structure gel is well worth having though, its great for clients with weak or ridged nails and extremely easy to apply, just brush on it thin coats, its quite runny and very self levelling so nice thin layers xx

No it's not like Brisa, it is soakable, and adds a little more strenght to the nail, than the Gelish colours does (of course I use foundation and topit off also, evnenthough have heard you don't need TOP)

The great thing is you can paint it on like polish (with a brush) or use it a bit thicker if client has really weak nails, and use under the colors too.

I have converted a few Brisaclients into "just" structure gel, because they keep their nails fairly short so no need for the extra strenght of Brisa.

HTH:D

Dont think you would need to double up on the base, its too thin to add any extra strength. Base and 2 coats of top coat would work fine.

Structure gel is well worth having though, its great for clients with weak or ridged nails and extremely easy to apply, just brush on it thin coats, its quite runny and very self levelling so nice thin layers xx

Fabulous thanks I have just had a look and I think I am going to get some. I like that it's soak of as Brisa isn't

No it's not like Brisa, it is soakable, and adds a little more strenght to the nail, than the Gelish colours does (of course I use foundation and topit off also, evnenthough have heard you don't need TOP)

The great thing is you can paint it on like polish (with a brush) or use it a bit thicker if client has really weak nails, and use under the colors too.

I have converted a few Brisaclients into "just" structure gel, because they keep their nails fairly short so no need for the extra strenght of Brisa.

HTH:D

Thank you so much that really helps I'm going to get some as I have a lot of clients that need extra strength sounds perfect! X

Latest posts

Back