Gelish discolouring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tigermonkey

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been doing gelish overlays for quite a while now but I've had a client complain and say that after two days, her bubblegum pink gelish has turned brown.

I've not had this before, she's a new client and she said this happened at her last salon as well. I've painted my own nails in the same colour to test if its the product but is there anything that she could be doing that is making the gelish discolour? Can the gelish 'go off' and discolour?

Many Thanks :)

What's the name of the colour? I've got Go Girl & that does fade a bit I've found. I also had a problem with Princess Tiara going a dirty grey colour, this one I sent back and had replaced and the new one did the same, so I swapped it for a different colour in the end. I've never known any to go brown though! Is she a smoker? Has she been using any chemicals (cleaning products etc) without gloves? She's not been applying fake tan or dyed her hair?

Just wondering if she works in a hair salon or has dark coloured hair that is dyed. I had a light cilour whuch went purple when I washed out my hair colour

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Does she apply tan or work with chemicals hair colour etc

Thanks for the replies :)

The colour is Go Girl so maybe that one is prone to fading a bit, maybe it's the colour she had in her last salon as well. She says she hasn't been using anything that would discolour them but she has just had a baby, I thought maybe some of the disinfectants you have to use for cleaning bottles etc might have affected them x

Nappy rash cream maby :-D

Ladies has anyone got Simple Sheer? Iv had mine possibly 7-8 months now, only use it on French & to be honest iv not done many French manicures for a while. It used to be one of my faves to use with Sheek white as it was a pinky tone to enhance the colour of the natural nail. I came to use it today & it looks to have discoloured.... Kind of looks yellowy?? Gas anyone else had this? Iv tried giving it a good roll between my hands
X

One of my staff is always eating Indians with her fingers and it turns most of them a weird colour. Fake tan and smoking does it as well.

ive been having discolouring problems with seafoam! going grey!!!

My Bashful does appear to have gone a bit yellow - but when I apply it (I use it for French) it is fine. What's it like when you put it on the nail?

Saying that I've just sent back Princess Tiara - looks fine and lilac in the bottle and when first applied, but then fades to a mucky grey. Heard others have had this problem too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It doesn't have the same pinky glow to it anymore! Can't understand it at all. X

Hi everyone!

I've been doing gelish overlays for quite a while now but I've had a client complain and say that after two days, her bubblegum pink gelish has turned brown.

I've not had this before, she's a new client and she said this happened at her last salon as well. I've painted my own nails in the same colour to test if its the product but is there anything that she could be doing that is making the gelish discolour? Can the gelish 'go off' and discolour?

Many Thanks :)

Is the Bubble Gum Pink from the Candy Land collection? If so, mine has done the same thing. It even changed color on my color pop. Good thing I don't use it very often.

From reading other posts (and experience) it seems there is a fading issue with all pale pinks - maybe worth ringing Harmony and getting it swapped for another colour.

From reading other posts (and experience) it seems there is a fading issue with all pale pinks - maybe worth ringing Harmony and getting it swapped for another colour.

Indeed. Speak to them, you will be asked to send it back quoting the invoice number it is from, they will then "test it" and I assume then replace. I've been dealing with a lovely lady called Paige - very helpful :)

thats really strange. Did u buy the gelish product from head office (nail harmony) or from another website? have u explain this situation to them? Maybe the client or a manafactur issue wihich if is the case needs sorting asap before it causes problems... x

I am sure there has been a thread about this before, and it is a problem with a lot of strong pink colours, and not exclusive to Gelish, some of the Shellac pinks have this problem too, it has something to do with the pigments I think.

Just to update I they replaced my Princess Tiara with a different colour as they "couldn't guarantee it wouldn't fade again".

Latest posts

Back