Gelish foundation application - urgently need your help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
I have finally taken the leap into offering a mobile nail service again (after around 6 years out) but this time will only be doing Gelish.

I have my first customer tomorrow and I want to know that I'm getting it just right. I'm actually going to book myself into a days' conversion course in March but there's just a little something I'm unsure about at the moment.

I've watched the Nail Harmony tutorial and another couple of tutorials on youtube and they seem to just brush the foundation gel on very thinly. However, I called Nail Harmony themselves today and they tell me I must firstly remove the majority of the gel off the brush when taking it out of the bottle and then basically "scrub" the nail plate without having to dip the brush again for the whole 5 nails on one hand. I fear that I will never have enough on the brush to go through 5 nails and it might even end up bumpy if not applied smoothly but I really want to get it right as I'd love for it to last for a really good length of time on this client and for it not to starting chipping within a week or so.

I've so far (on practice nails) been getting mostly anything from a week to 2 weeks but that is while I've been just painting on a thin layer of foundation but definitely dipping my brush in again between every 2 or 3 nails. I do, by the way, make sure I cap the edges and dry brush after curing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You will have enough. I scrape the brush up the lip of the bottle until it seems that there is none left then just dab it across all five nails then go back and scrub it in all over the nail plate then brush straight down the nail plate and the free edge. It is more than enough to cover all 5 nails. After all it is supposed to be very thin. You will find that you get more time out of them and that they do not peel or chip as easily.

Thanks for that advice but still worried I start doing that and it still runs out. Does anyone know of a video tutorial where they actually use foundation really sparingly?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

The thinner the better!! Scrape as much off the brush as you possibly can x

After scrubbing in, make sure you check the nail under a good light to check you havn't missed any spots in trying to get it thin.

Thanks - sounds like a good tip! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back