Gelish foundation coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy2986

Reaction score
Hi,I don't have a Gelish UV or LED lamp, just a, basic one..it has a 1,2 & 3 minute timer on it..I know the foundation coast doesn't need to cute for that long, is it bad that I cure it for 1 min, plus could that be the reason sometimes it tends to be stuck a lil on the nail after 10 mins of soak during removal? :/

Sent from my LG-LG855 using SalonGeek

Hi Sandy

Is it a 36watt (4 bulb) UV light?

If so yes you are correct with the 1 minute cure time for foundation.

If you are experiencing removal problems, my guess is that you will be applying the foundation to thick....it needs to be super thin.

hth

Thank you! I tend to forget about the SUPER thin coats needed, I'll def keep this in mind,thanks for your response :D

Hi hun, I use a 36watt lamp and cure the foundation for 1 minute and never have problems removing it. So perhaps you are applying it slightly too thick as mentioned. Try it on yourself by applying it ultra thin and then attempt removal of the gelish when your ready and see if it's any easier. Good luck x

Try putting a thin swipe of foundation on each nail. Then use a dry small flat brush to finish applying to each nail. This really helps to keep layers thin. :) HTH

Latest posts

Back