Gelish gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie bee

Reaction score
I am having problems with 2 different colors I recently purchased from this line separating and retracting back. I have never had this problem with any other lines I use....any input??

I am having problems with 2 different colors I recently purchased from this line separating and retracting back. I have never had this problem with any other lines I use....any input??
This is happening immediately after painting them before I even cure them.

Are you dry brushing the base coat before applying the colour? I know this has been advised when using Gelish, and was also shown in a instagram video by Gelish US to help with colours shrinking.

Are you dry brushing the base coat before applying the colour? I know this has been advised when using Gelish, and was also shown in a instagram video by Gelish US to help with colours shrinking.
I am not using the basecoat because I am putting it over artificial nails.

I am not using the basecoat because I am putting it over artificial nails.
I don't use a basecoat on any of my other lines, is gelish different?

Ah right, I didn't understand that from your original post.

Are you maybe buffing the enhancements too fine and shiny before applying the gel polish?

I don't use Gelish personally myself so I don't know if it needs to be applied differently over an artificial coating, however I owukdn't have thought so. :)

Ah right, I didn't understand that from your original post.

Are you maybe buffing the enhancements too fine and shiny before applying the gel polish?

I don't use Gelish personally myself so I don't know if it needs to be applied differently over an artificial coating, however I owukdn't have thought so. :)
No I don't buff it since the nail enhancements I use are fiberglass. I leave the last layer not shinny and it has always worked great with opi and ibd gel polishes.

No I don't buff it since the nail enhancements I use are fiberglass. I leave the last layer not shinny and it has always worked great with opi and ibd gel polishes.
I am curious about peoples condenses regarding the gelish line?? [emoji4] [emoji4]

I am pretty confused myself! :)

Could it be a curing problem? Which lamp are you using?

Hopefully someone with more gelish experience than me pops along!

I am pretty confused myself! :)

Could it be a curing problem? Which lamp are you using?

Hopefully someone with more gelish experience than me pops along!
I am using the gelish lamp but this problem is occurring even before I cure them. Maybe I need some education about the prep process. Thanks for all your help! If I remember correctly there have been some threads on her regarding the gelish line and some people not liking it, would be nice to hear from others who have used it as you said [emoji4]

I have experienced this a couple of times using Cuccio or ASP and it was because I hadn't stirred the gel thoroughly enough before applying it. It wasn't every colour, though some do seem to be more prone to it. Do you have to stir Gelish before applying?

With gelish you need to use the ph bond and the foundation before using your colour layer for it to work properly in my experience the colour can’t be applied straight on I use gelish all the time and swear by the product after extensive research

Latest posts

Back