Gelish in filling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailBarista

Reaction score
I actually feel a little silly asking this question as I was trained on Gelish 5 years ago in Canada and almost feel like I should probably know this but was never taught. Maybe it's a new technique.... So be kind to me please....

I had a new client come see me who's been going to see an Esthetician who uses Gelish. She always uses the same colour and said her Esthetician doesn't soak the nail, just files the top of the nail and refills it with color every time she goes. At first I thought maybe she meant she does gel overlays and has
Gelish color on top of them. She said no and after looking at her nails, she was right, they were her natural nails.

I told her I never heard of this method and told her I would just continue with the soaking and wrap in foil method. When her nails were all removed they were SO yellow and she always wears "forever beauty" which I've never seen cause yellowing.

Is this a new method I'm unaware of. I didn't find anything online about this - if this method is possible, who is it done?

I have never heard of this method and I'm pretty sure it goes against Harmony Gelish recommendations. In my opinion you are performing the manicure correctly by removing the old product and reapplying new every time the client comes in (usually every 2 weeks). ;)

I have heard of this before apparently Gelish only recommend doing it once and only if using the same colour or a darker one.

I personally would never do this, can't imagine it would look very nice.

If she has never had them removed and always has them infilled then I would assume that's what's caused the yellowing? (Don't quote me on that though lol) xx

Gel polishes are as you thought soaked off...

I do gel overlays, if a customer wants I will infill once then soak off. But like you find this method more widely used on enhancements than natural nail treatments.

Xx

Oh now that's a weight lifted off my shoulders. I thought I was completely outta the loop on some cool new techniques I never head of. I also assumed the yellowing was from having them on for months.

Just a side note, the client had her nails done four weeks prior to her appointment with me. You could absolutely see by regrowth that it had been 4 weeks, although there was no chipping. I don't think I want to do in fills at my studio because I feel is the nail should breath and second because I like the extra money income from having to remove it on my clients - it's obvious that it can be done if you are interested. Interesting.

Just a side note, the client had her nails done four weeks prior to her appointment with me. You could absolutely see by regrowth that it had been 4 weeks, although there was no chipping. I don't think I want to do in fills at my studio because I feel is the nail should breath and second because I like the extra money income from having to remove it on my clients - it's obvious that it can be done if you are interested. Interesting.

Nails don't have lungs, but I think I know what you mean :hug:

I soak off my clients, and it certainly helps to see what's going on under the product in case they've cracked one, plus clients always seem to like to see the growth of their own nail. I also make a point of showing Shellac clients how strong their natural nail is even after removal, which I couldn't do if I didn't take it off.

But.... I admit that once and a while I "infill" my own Shellac. If I'm trying to stretch them out a bit during a busy time I'll do it, but never on a client, and I wouldn't do it for weeks in a row.

It's a shame her regular tech has convinced her that this is a normal operation.

Latest posts

Back