Gelish & long nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice geeks. Iv got quite a few clients now who have grown their natural nails with Gelish. A few of them love their nails long, at the moment I'm advising that once the nails reach a certain length they have structure gel on for added strength.
Does anyone agree with this or would you recommend something else. I always advise taking off some length however some ladies are adamant they want their nails really long.
I'll attach a pic of natural nails with gelish on only & if you would recommend structure gel or something else??
Hope iv made sense here! Just worried I'll get a few breakages??
xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359907053.877509.jpg

Looking for a bit of advice geeks. Iv got quite a few clients now who have grown their natural nails with Gelish. A few of them love their nails long, at the moment I'm advising that once the nails reach a certain length they have structure gel on for added strength.
Does anyone agree with this or would you recommend something else. I always advise taking off some length however some ladies are adamant they want their nails really long.
I'll attach a pic of natural nails with gelish on only & if you would recommend structure gel or something else??
Hope iv made sense here! Just worried I'll get a few breakages??
xxView attachment 27253

You could use 1 or 2 layers of Structure.

Thanks for your reply. Do you apply structure over or under Gelish? xx

I use structure gel after the foundation layer but have been advised you can use it after the colour, before the top coat aswell.
If my clients nails are getting really long I try to advise to shorten them slightly, as a few clients have wanted long talons and then end up catching them and eventually the nail breaks at the sides and they are back for repairs x
HTH xx

Jojo, lovely nails. What color is the light one?

How long does it take to soak off structure?

I use structure on my ladies with long nails! I put it on after foundation and it hasn't made removal difficult at all. (I remember some people were having troubles with it taking longer in the past).

I'm pretty sure it's "Need a tan"! I'm in love with those nails. I think you did such an amazing job Jojo. I was showing my hubby yesterday. Lol

I ordered this the other week as my nails seem to need some extra strength when they get longer. Will be removing in a few days so will see how long it takes, I have it on the top of the colour as was desperate to try it ;) Seems fab so far and has been on for 5 days and is keeping them super strong (tried it on just 2 nails) I would think it will be a great idea to use SG for those wanting to keep them longer but natural :)

P.S those nails are gorgeous, which colour is the nude? x

Structure gel doesn't take any longer to remove, it is an amazing product, I use it for repairs and sculpts all the time :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Structure gel doesn't take any longer to remove, it is an amazing product, I use it for repairs and sculpts all the time :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

You've had success sculpting with it?! I haven't been able to get it to work. It's too soft and rubbery and sticks to the form. Could you let me know how you do it?

Hi Bo yes it's Need A Tan ;-) xx

You've had success sculpting with it?! I haven't been able to get it to work. It's too soft and rubbery and sticks to the form. Could you let me know how you do it?

I'd be interested to know this too. As I find it too soft xx

I'm pretty sure it's "Need a tan"! I'm in love with those nails. I think you did such an amazing job Jojo. I was showing my hubby yesterday. Lol

Thanks Shannon :) I love these too xx

Do you have to use 3 coats of need a tan jojo? X

Do you have to use 3 coats of need a tan jojo? X

I always do yes. But then again I do with most of my colours as I prefer the finish of 3 coats xx

hi jojo

I just wanted to add that that set looks beautiful, youve done an amazing job.

Because I'm hard on my nails and I want some length I've had really good results with a nno of hard gel. I dislike soaking my gelish off myself. This way I can buff it off

Structure gel will help. A layer of fibreglass would give strength too if needed. It soaks off in the same time and is easy to use. Structure gel is thin, but obviously builds up if you need a couple of layers so if nails need a lot of extra strength i use fibreglass instead so nails arent too thick xx

Latest posts

Back