Gelish Nightmare, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleyc1983

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have had a call from a customer who I did Gelish for last Friday who is not happy.

Basically I went to hers to do a french Gelish manicure. Her nails were very short, but we managed to do it, and I managed to cap the end of the nail as well as I could. As I always do, once the top it off had been cured and the nail cleansed, I checked them all individually to make sure they were smooth and asked her if she was happy with them to which she replied she was. She paid me and even gave me a tip.

2 days ago she contacted me a nice message to ask how they can be removed as they had chipped and she says lumps had formed all over the nails. I asked her to send me a picture as I have never had lumps forming once the gelish has been cured under the lamp, especially after a few days. The picture didn't arrive so I left it.

She contacted me again yesterday asking me to tell her how to remove them ASAP to which I did. She then came back with a very stroppy message stating how she has lumps forming on every nail and she is very annoyed as they should have lasted about 2 weeks and not worth the money. I offered to reapply them for her for free, to which she has replied asking for a refund.

I feel I have no choice but to give this to her to save her saying bad things about my services. I still have not seen a picture of these lumps, but they were dead smooth on Friday when I left her, and she is still saying despite all of this that she was pleased with her nails when I left on Friday.

Has anyone else had this problem or can you please shed any light on what this may be? Do you think I should refund her without seeing the nails? Thanks xx

Hi there :)

Aww bless you! To be honest from what you have said I think she is just trying to be awkward and something for nothing.

I personally would not provide a refund, you have asked for photographic evidence which you have not received and you have offered to re do the service free of charge. I think this is more than enough to offer!

I have never experienced bumps forming after the treatment has been completed and without any evidence my guess would be there was no such problem :)

I would probably phone the client and explain that without photographic evidence of the problems you are unable to provide a refund but as a gesture of goodwill you are happy to re do the treatment free of charge....

Hth

Jody xx

hi i would go round and have a look you might get an idea then, it might be something daft she did straight after say a sunbed or putting hands in oven (im guessing here) sounds like it bubbled up from heat -its got to be something bizarre to be as bad as she is making out or maybe not. i would do them again not refund and try and quiz and stipulate aftercare.
also check her medical history / medication if you haven't already and say you can't refund as its never happened before

Hi geeks, I have had a call from a customer who I did Gelish for last Friday who is not happy.

Basically I went to hers to do a french Gelish manicure. Her nails were very short, but we managed to do it, and I managed to cap the end of the nail as well as I could. As I always do, once the top it off had been cured and the nail cleansed, I checked them all individually to make sure they were smooth and asked her if she was happy with them to which she replied she was. She paid me and even gave me a tip.

2 days ago she contacted me a nice message to ask how they can be removed as they had chipped and she says lumps had formed all over the nails. I asked her to send me a picture as I have never had lumps forming once the gelish has been cured under the lamp, especially after a few days. The picture didn't arrive so I left it.

She contacted me again yesterday asking me to tell her how to remove them ASAP to which I did. She then came back with a very stroppy message stating how she has lumps forming on every nail and she is very annoyed as they should have lasted about 2 weeks and not worth the money. I offered to reapply them for her for free, to which she has replied asking for a refund.

I feel I have no choice but to give this to her to save her saying bad things about my services. I still have not seen a picture of these lumps, but they were dead smooth on Friday when I left her, and she is still saying despite all of this that she was pleased with her nails when I left on Friday.

Has anyone else had this problem or can you please shed any light on what this may be? Do you think I should refund her without seeing the nails? Thanks xx

Without seeing any proof of these lumps by photo, or in person, I still wouldn't refund. It seems to me that she is after a freebie. If she was that bothered, she would have come to you, or happily showed you a photo of this problem. I have never heard of lumps forming on gelish after application at all, not alone days after.

Something is not right here, and my only guess is.... freebie!!

Thanks all, I agree I think she is after a freebie too. Shame as she was so lovely when we met! X

Absolutely no refund! You offered to redo them and she declined. Tell her a free redo is the best you can do as you asked for proof and have not received anything. Without photographic proof of the "damage" you cannot provide refunds.

My guessing is she just didn't like something about them and felt the need to complain or she regretted speeding the money and now wants a refund, nothing to do with your work(which I'm sure is beautiful!)

Also capping/sealing the edge of very short nails is very hard! It's something always explain to clients that it might not last the first time around but will be better at next application due to the length of their nail. Warning them also protects you incase the nails don't last. Also make sure you give them an after care sheet, most clients don't know how to protect and care for their nails.

Hope this helps!

Thanks all, I agree I think she is after a freebie too. Shame as she was so lovely when we met! X

These things happen, and you do get clients like this, that are out to get what they can cheap or free. Sadly, they always seem nice at first. It is their way to make you feel guilty, because they were nice!

She isn't the first, and won't be the last. In this industry, you need to take it on the chin, and move on.

Although I get on well with my clients, and enjoy chats with them....I keep clients/work seperate from my personal life!

Latest posts

Back