Gelish not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
We recently switched to gelish from shellac, I have 3 regular clients who its just not lasting on. These clients hpt 2/3 weeks out of their shellac (granted we were using a different top coat, yes boo hoo I broke a cardinal rule of mixing systems, kill me now) now they're barely getting a week.
One is my boss, a hairdresser. She got 3 weeks from the shellac & other brand top coat. Now she's barely getting a week and a half.
The second is a horse rider and works with horses. Her nails are a mess anyway really dry and brittle. She just managed to get 2 weeks out of shellac.
The third and final has a habit of cleaning and thrashing her nails around. Shes also very difficult to paint as she squirms in her seat, has floppy hands and can barely manage to put her hand in the lamp properly despite me saying over and over again about it.

Now I'm not trying to make excuses or sound bitter. It could be me, but I can't see how that would be the issue when every other client gets 3 weeks without even one chip. I'm just sick of it I don't know what I'm supposed to say to these clients. Especially since the shellac and gellux lasted. Could it just be the gellux top coat suited their nails? Or the shellac was a thinner formula.

We recently switched to gelish from shellac, I have 3 regular clients who its just not lasting on. These clients hpt 2/3 weeks out of their shellac (granted we were using a different top coat, yes boo hoo I broke a cardinal rule of mixing systems, kill me now) now they're barely getting a week.
One is my boss, a hairdresser. She got 3 weeks from the shellac & other brand top coat. Now she's barely getting a week and a half.
The second is a horse rider and works with horses. Her nails are a mess anyway really dry and brittle. She just managed to get 2 weeks out of shellac.
The third and final has a habit of cleaning and thrashing her nails around. Shes also very difficult to paint as she squirms in her seat, has floppy hands and can barely manage to put her hand in the lamp properly despite me saying over and over again about it.

Now I'm not trying to make excuses or sound bitter. It could be me, but I can't see how that would be the issue when every other client gets 3 weeks without even one chip. I'm just sick of it I don't know what I'm supposed to say to these clients. Especially since the shellac and gellux lasted. Could it just be the gellux top coat suited their nails? Or the shellac was a thinner formula.
i found gelish didnt last with clients. i changed to artistic. much better.

I use gelish and have this problem on a few of my ladies, all 3 of them clean for a living, you could try a couple of things, firstly structure gel over foundation (dry brush both), this really helps one of my ladies, then another thing you could try if you're absolutely certain it's not anything you're doing wrong (not said to offend you) is pro bond after you have PH Bonded, just used sparingly on the tips, this has helped my other two ladies, they do however admit to not wearing gloves etc, I think some clients expect too much from a gel polish, it's not indestructible, I used to work with horses and can't imagine my gelish would last for weeks doing that job!!

Regardless of brand if they don't look after their nails they won't last.
Gelish is stronger than shellac so realistically it should last longer.
Are they using cuticle oil?

What prep are you doing before you apply your gelish?
x

I would think it was me only for the fact that every other client gets 3 weeks. One of our other hairdressers has her on for nearly 3 weeks and she's washing hair constantly.

I suggested to one about a thin layer of gel underneath but she refused to even listen when I explained its not like having gel nails. She's a bit difficult anyway, I don't know what she expects me to do.

Yes I agree about some people thinking its indestructible and they can do what they want.

No none of them use cuticle oil even though Im sick to my teeth telling them.

I file, cuticle tidy, buff, cleanse, pH bond, foundation, dry brush, thin colour x2, top it off and cuticle oil.

Latest posts

Back