Gelish or Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sthomas27

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just a quick question..... thinking of doing a gel nail course, have had mixed reviews on whether Shellac or Gelish is best, could I have opinions please?

There are loads of threads on the site what technicians prefer and everyone will come back with different options. Best thing to do is research them and see what is going to be best for you, your client base, your price range ect or you can attend trade shows and have a try of some any make your mind up then.

HTH x

Both are great products. However, I prefer to only use the LED cure gel polishes. I also prefer the 5 finger cure lamps. I gave away all of my UV only gels. When you factor in the price, Gelish is a better deal and they have lots of colors. I have several brands (Orly, Geleration, OPI & LeChat) and I like them all.

They are two total different products so you should do a bit of research first Gelish, Gellux, entity 1.. etc they are gel polishes, where as CND Shellac is a power polish, it is unique and has its own qualities which sets it aside from all the rest.
I would highly recommend all of the Shellac courses, I am now a Master CND Shellac Artist & it was worth every penny! X

They are two total different products so you should do a bit of research first Gelish, Gellux, entity 1.. etc they are gel polishes, where as CND Shellac is a power polish, it is unique and has its own qualities which sets it aside from all the rest.
I would highly recommend all of the Shellac courses, I am now a Master CND Shellac Artist & it was worth every penny! X

Out of interest , what are the qualities that sets it aside from all the rest? :)

It was researched & developed for 5 years before it was brought out as a product.. All the others were made quickly to follow as a kind of "watered down" bio-sculpture gel.

It has quick release polymers for super fast removal.. 8 minutes, with the new remover! Gelish is 10-15!

No nail damage (at all!)- if applied & removed correctly

No nail buffing required

Consistency is beautiful :)

X

It has quick release polymers for super fast removal.. 8 minutes, with the new remover! Gelish is 10-15!

No nail damage (at all!)- if applied & removed correctly

No nail buffing required

Consistency is beautiful :)

X

It takes me nowhere near 15 minutes to remove Gelish. Around 10 minutes at most with d-Solve. I have yet to try the new CND remover. Many of us have also found that you do not need to buff the nail either for Gelish removal or prep. I see no damage at all on client nails with Gelish.

There are so many threads already on this and everyone has their favorites. Try as many products as you can (applied by professionals) before you invest.

I stock both Gelish and Shellac and to avoid having to scrape off Gelish with a metal tool which is a no no, the recommended soak off time by Nail Harmony is 15 minutes.. Nearly double that of Shellac. X

Thankyou everyone thats great advice x:p

I stock both Gelish and Shellac and to avoid having to scrape off Gelish with a metal tool which is a no no, the recommended soak off time by Nail Harmony is 15 minutes.. Nearly double that of Shellac. X

Try it without buffing the topcoat first. Its much quicker.

Gelish has more colours. Shellac name more well known.

Latest posts

Back