Gelish Pro Bond problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
Hi, I will be hopefully starting a Gelish course soon, but i have one question?

When I use the Pro Bond (because of lifting isues on myself) when i come to soak it off, (I know it takes longer) but when the gel layer has come off this grainy residue is left on my nail bed and the only way I can see of removing it is using a fine file, but i don't like to file my nail beds too much cos of damage. I did try and soak for a little longer but it didn't really help.

so any tips to help would be great.

I know I can ask these questions and many others at my course but this is one that is doing my head in :mad:

Hopefully in time my technique will get better so i wont get lifting at all.

Hi. With gelish you only use ph bond not the pro bond?

You shouldn't have lifting problems with Gelish. If you do, it is likely to be a basic prep problem.

I sometimes (very rarely) use Pro Bond on clients who have chipping, but only on the free edge of the nail.

Pro Bond is really designed to use under the Gelish Hard Gel System.

All will become clear once you have done your training.

Hi. With gelish you only use ph bond not the pro bond?

I was lead to believe the Pro Bond by Gelish was to give the gel extra sticking power for problem nails, is that correct?

(I dont mean the ph bond dehydrator)

You shouldn't have lifting problems with Gelish. If you do, it is likely to be a basic prep problem.

I sometimes (very rarely) use Pro Bond on clients who have chipping, but only on the free edge of the nail.

Pro Bond is really designed to use under the Gelish Hard Gel System.

All will become clear once you have done your training.

Ahhh i see, interesting, thank you Lucy x
I didn't realise it was really for the hard gels.

Note to self "Lay off the Pro Bond" :o

Latest posts

Back