Gelish problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlievicky

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I did a set of gelish today, it was my first time and I did it on enhancements too using nsi builder gel first. It was all going well until I cured the gelish and it came out all sort of wrinkly... Does this mean I applied too much? Or cured it too long? Once the top coat was on it didn't look too bad but I would like to prevent it if possible.

Thanks all xxx

Hey geeks, I did a set of gelish today, it was my first time and I did it on enhancements too using nsi builder gel first. It was all going well until I cured the gelish and it came out all sort of wrinkly... Does this mean I applied too much? Or cured it too long? Once the top coat was on it didn't look too bad but I would like to prevent it if possible.

Thanks all xxx

When I apply Gelish or Shellac over gel enhancements, I wipe off tacky layer of whatever builder gel (I use Brisa Lite Sculpting) then refine enhancements with a 240 grit file so removing shine. Then go in with Gelish, no basecoat, and carry as normal till complete.

Hth x

This is because your coat was too thick. I only ever get this with whites! If u apply it really thinly you shouldnt have that problem x

HI

Wrinkling is because you will have applied the product too thickly yes.

THIN 1st coat dont try and get full coverage....cure then the 2nd coat will get your coverage.

hth

And also in addition, if you are already doing the above, it usually wrinkles if too much product is applied - thin to win! 😊

Ah brilliant thanks so much everyone :) next time I will thin thin thin x

Another question, where I found it was quite runny I couldn't get it very neat on the cuticles... It just kept running into them even though when I applied it was neat. Would this be again too my h product on my brush? X

Yes definately too much product if u wipe off all sides of brush on the neck of the bottle dont forget to scrape the polish that is on the stick at top too as a lot of polish gathers their and will drip down x

Lovely thank you :) x

Did you 'dry brush' that can help the foundation layer 'grip' the colour...and as before's post don't use too much product/gelish on your brush!

And also some gelish colours may need 3 coats so dont be tempted to put that second layer on thickly, just do a third coat (radience is my middle name is a 3 coater I've found) :)

Why do you dry brush the sticky layer off? I've not heard of that before? Just wondering.. I've not used gelish before. X

Latest posts

Back