Gelish products needed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Ive been searching through the forums and i can't seem to find what i'm looking for so please don't kill me if this has been asked before :p

I currently use Shellac and love it but unfortunately it doesn't last on some clients because their nails are prone to peeling, have damage etc. I am now looking to bring in Gelish along side my Shellac. I wondering the following;

1. i saw you can use Scrubfresh with Gelish, is this definitely ok? since i love it and have it in the spa already

2. do i NEED the ph bond?

3. do i NEED the nail harmony cleanse and soak off? or can i just use what i use for Shellac removal and cleansing?

4. am i good just getting the foundation, a few colors and top it off?

I have already asked the distributor and they said i need all the stuff by nail harmony but i have read differently on here. I don't mind spending the money on a starter kit but some things in it are a bit useless for me and if i can keep costs down by using what i have already even better.

Oh i forgot, would this be the best option for my clients with these types of nails??? as i can also get my hands on Artistic color gloss

You do not need product specific cleansers or removers for any gel polish/hybrid. I use Gelish and use D-Sperse and D-Solve, which are S2 products and not CND Shellac products. I do use Ph Bond but it is a dehydrator so your ScrubFresh should work.

Just noticed that you are not in the UK so you won't be able to get S2 products. (Assuming you use isopropyl alcohol and buffered acetone) your Shellac cleanser and remover will work with Gelish.

Hi Jen! :)

I use Scrubfresh with Gelish and it works fine, I haven't had any problems.

I don't use ph bond.

I don't use the Nail Harmony clenser or soak off. I use isopropyl alcohol to wipe the nails and remove the sticky layer. I got it at the pharmacy for 3$. For soak off I use acetone that I got for also 3$ at Wal-Mart in the nails section. I haven't had any problems with these either.

The only difference I notice with soak off from Shellac to Gelish, is that Gelish takes a bit longer. Shellac really was only 10 minutes, but Gelish is 15-20 minutes, depending how many coats you have on.

When I started using Gelish, I only bought the Foundation Gel, Top it Off and a few colors. I keep adding colors once in a while when I can afford it. I also do rockstar nails with Gelish which has been really popular.

I am so glad this thread has been posted as I was going to ask the same question!!! I too am thinking of adding Gelish alongide my Shellac, especially as I'm going to the Beauty UK show in Birmingham at the weekend and S2 arent there - no worries Harmony stand here I come... thanks for all comments, can I add one more??? I dont do extensions or anything but with Gelish (as I understand it) you can add a "gel" layer to it for weak or flaking nails, which comes in a small pot (sorry for being naive!!) how is this applied - would I need special training??? Help appreciated xx:o

Hi Jen! :)

I use Scrubfresh with Gelish and it works fine, I haven't had any problems.

I don't use ph bond.

I don't use the Nail Harmony clenser or soak off. I use isopropyl alcohol to wipe the nails and remove the sticky layer. I got it at the pharmacy for 3$. For soak off I use acetone that I got for also 3$ at Wal-Mart in the nails section. I haven't had any problems with these either.

The only difference I notice with soak off from Shellac to Gelish, is that Gelish takes a bit longer. Shellac really was only 10 minutes, but Gelish is 15-20 minutes, depending how many coats you have on.

When I started using Gelish, I only bought the Foundation Gel, Top it Off and a few colors. I keep adding colors once in a while when I can afford it. I also do rockstar nails with Gelish which has been really popular.

Yay! Thanks Stacey! I should have thought about asking you duh lol great I'm gonna order foundation, top it off and a few colors

Latest posts

Back