Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeZe

Reaction score
Hi!

I always take my Gelish off with foils, which was the way I was taught.

Recently a lot of clients have said that at other salons they are soaked off in acetone. I think this takes them off quicker maybe, but surely it's more harsh on the nail? Although saying that, with foils, I don't think the scraping does any good either!!

How do you do yours?!! xx

I always soak off with foils too but a new client was recently telling me that at her old salon they had a 'communal' bowl where they soaked there fingers in acetone!

I use shellac and Gelish and use foil wraps with nourishing remover with no problems, if clients hands are cold can take a bit longer so I use a warm wheat bag. I never have to scrape the nails tho, I use a soaked pad with remover and use firm pressure to remove any residue that's left.

Thanks for that girlies. A communal bowl?!!! Yuk! I hope they stopped going there.

Maybe I should try a wheat bag on top, or more remover!! xx

It won´t be faster to bath in acetone.

Foils are very good, you can try heatet mitten to remove faster.

I´ve just postet a video-link of a new product here in germany: Express Entferner - Deutsch - YouTube

I´m waiting for my order......

It won´t be faster to bath in acetone.

Foils are very good, you can try heatet mitten to remove faster.

I´ve just postet a video-link of a new product here in germany: Express Entferner - Deutsch - YouTube

I´m waiting for my order......

What is the product, can only read in english :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I soak off in a bowl, it gets cleaned between clients! I find faffing with foil annoying

I´ll try to translate....

Premium Soak Off without Aceton.
It is time to rethink!
After max. 3 minutes UV-Polish
with "Express Remover" easily and completely removed!
Without solvent - water based!

"EXPRESS REMOVER" a completely newly developed product with an innovative mode of action, to nail and skin gentle removal of all gel nail polishes. It can remove their gel nail polish quickly and effortlessly, and does the job without the otherwise harmful substances conventional gel Polish remover.
"Express Remover" freed her nails gently and effectively of gel nail polishes, leaving no ink residue and maintains the moisture balance of the skin and nails. Neither the nail, or the nail contours or the nail bed are thereby dried up. The "Express Remover" is tested and dermatalogisch been declared sound. pH neutral, moisturizing, andwith a pleasant fragrance, it maintains its cuticle
and is 100% biodegradable.

Sorry, I can´t do it better.....

I´ll try to translate....

Premium Soak Off without Aceton.
It is time to rethink!
After max. 3 minutes UV-Polish
with "Express Remover" easily and completely removed!
Without solvent - water based!

"EXPRESS REMOVER" a completely newly developed product with an innovative mode of action, to nail and skin gentle removal of all gel nail polishes. It can remove their gel nail polish quickly and effortlessly, and does the job without the otherwise harmful substances conventional gel Polish remover.
"Express Remover" freed her nails gently and effectively of gel nail polishes, leaving no ink residue and maintains the moisture balance of the skin and nails. Neither the nail, or the nail contours or the nail bed are thereby dried up. The "Express Remover" is tested and dermatalogisch been declared sound. pH neutral, moisturizing, andwith a pleasant fragrance, it maintains its cuticle
and is 100% biodegradable.

Sorry, I can´t do it better.....

Thanks, I wonder what is init though :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you post the website you ordered from please. This looks like a great new product

Does anyone have problems removing gelish from drier/ridged nails? I have a client who is 80 and removal always takes ages. I buff first and then soak cotton wool in soak off and wrap in foils. When I do others and my own the gelish is curled up and falling off but I have to use an orange stick to lightly scrape hers off. She says she uses the nourish oil too.

I don´t buff it on, I use 100Grit File and then remove with cotton and foils. You can also try heated mitten or anything else for warming.

The Express Remover has arrived. But I can try it only next week.

I find Gelish takes quite a while to remove anything to help would be great

I'm really struggling removing gelish. I use shellac an the removal is a dream. However I've just moved into a beauty room where the previous therapist used gelish and the process takes me more than 20 mins and it's driving me mad. I'm buffing the gelish top coat and ten cotton wool and nourishing remover wrapped in foil and I wrap the hands in a towel as I don't have heated mitts
Then I'm scraping the gelish with an orange wood stick and back into the foil wraps and even after another 15 mins it's still the same.

Am I missing something. And is it normal for the nails to feel paper thin, I'm so used to shellac and the nails feel fine after removal I'm worried the clients won't find shellac as strong as the natural nails are so weak now

Last edited by a moderator:
I use manicure bowls as it is so much quicker than messing around with foils. They get cleaned after every client and disinfected

I use foil and D Solve. Much quicker than acetone. I buff the nail put a tiny bit of cotton wool soaked on the nail and wrap tightly and gold the end over. By the time I've made a cuppa it's ready to come off.

I have found that its easier to remove when you don't buff the topcoat. 15 mins in soaked remover, wrapped in foil and its off in one piece.

Latest posts

Back