Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use manicure bowls as it is so much quicker than messing around with foils. They get cleaned after every client and disinfected

Hi, just interested to know if you find you use more removal doing this?

and also how long do you soak?

Do you take the whole hand out and then remove with an orange stick?

Sorry loads of questions.
! I'm just curious because I use fools and it take too long!! Xx

I used to use a bowl of acetone in hot water years ago for my acrylics but for the gel polish removal and shellac I fond foils better it's just the gelish removal I'm struggling with

Maybe because I'm not removing my own work
Or because the gelish was applied too thick?

I'm an experienced technician and this is really bothering me! Can't wait until all the gelish customers are all converted to my nails so I don't have to face this problem haha!

I used to use a bowl of acetone in hot water years ago for my acrylics but for the gel polish removal and shellac I fond foils better it's just the gelish removal I'm struggling with

Maybe because I'm not removing my own work
Or because the gelish was applied too thick?

I'm an experienced technician and this is really bothering me! Can't wait until all the gelish customers are all converted to my nails so I don't have to face this problem haha!

Possibly the foundation layer is too thick...do you apply it super, super thin?

What removed are you using?

Also when I remove Gelish, I use foils and pads, but also get my clients to cup their hands round a mug of tea (or just hot eater if they don't want a drink), this seems to work well x

I don't use gelish so it's not my work that I'm removing. I'm talking about the previous therapist who used gelish and I'm removing it to apply shellac which is my system.
I've been wrapping in foil using nourishing remover by cnd and I have them holding a cuppa and it just won't budge. I've literally been using my 180 file to get the last off.
Will simple acetone work better than the nourishing remover on gelish or should it not make a difference?
I've started to dread the gelish removals coming in now as it's taking me nearly 2 hours for a removal and re application where usually for shellac it only takes me 45 mins to an hour MAX!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back