Gelish/Shellac applying gems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
How do you all put your gems on to gel polish and do they stay on?

I use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel and they last brilliantly! :) xx

Does anybody do them with gel polish?

Does anybody do them with gel polish?

I use this over gel polish. I dot it where I want it with a wood stick, and cure stones into it. Then top coat in and around them.

Do you mean full coverage, or the odd crystal? :) xx

I set them in uncured top coat, then cure. Then, I go back and apply another top coat and cure.

Liverpool lashes mentions in one of her recent videos a trick from holly aka fingernail fixer. Apply gem in uncured topcoat, cure then place 4 tiny dots around the gem and cure again. The tiny dots act like claws to keep the gems in place x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use structure gel on top of the colour put Swarovski's in to it uncured, cure then top coat. My clients get weeks out of them! Xx

Great ideas I might try them as I want them to last but they only last a few days with gelish topcoat

I used to use gelish structure gel but now I find it easier using megamix, the one in a polish bottle. So i brush on megamix, put in gems, cure, then one or two topcoats over the top :)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

I asked this question but got no answers. I was struggling to get them to stay with just the top it off. Iv just bought the structure gel and have applied it over the colour pressed the Swarovski's in and cured then 2 coats if top it off. Will see how they last! X

I asked this question but got no answers. I was struggling to get them to stay with just the top it off. Iv just bought the structure gel and have applied it over the colour pressed the Swarovski's in and cured then 2 coats if top it off. Will see how they last! X

That's how I do it and it lasts until the next appointment :) xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

That's how I do it and it lasts until the next appointment :) xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

Yeah I think you gave me the idea in the first place. Mine are 3 days in and still on x

I set them in uncured top coat, then cure. Then, I go back and apply another top coat and cure.

This is how I do mine and mine stay on for the duration of my Shellac. I do only use one or two at a time though so not sure how lots would last

This is how I do mine and mine stay on for the duration of my Shellac. I do only use one or two at a time though so not sure how lots would last

This hasn't worked for me, wonder why it works for some and not others x

I would like to know how to apply gems to shellac I have no problem.with applying them to acrylic as I glue them on then put a top coat over xx

Latest posts

Back