Gelish/Shellac article Sunday Times Style

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskatemurphy

Reaction score
All I can say is this is soooooo factually incorrect its laughable!!
530836_435810146492297_864339944_n.jpg

Attachments

• style mag.jpg
    style mag.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 195
Lol!! what a great beauty columnist!

My daughter could have written a better story "Once upon a time..." What a load of rubbish!!

:eek: If she could have just taken the time to call S2 and nail harmony im sure they could have given her a more factual paragraph than that fluff....

maybe they don't pay her enough to go to a real Solon ? as neither of the descriptions match the product.

just goes to show ... dont believe everything you read .

Crumbs, I'm not even a professional yet and I can tell you what's wrong with that article :lol:

the beginnings of a fair/helpful review are there... i'm guessing what was meant is gelish application is 45mins, shellac application is 30mins.

gelish can feel thicker and more like a false nail compared to shellac with its thinner polish consistency but the difference is subtle!

if you take into account layering/glitter/pigments etc neither range has limited colours. but they dont sell them in infinite shades so I supposed that could stand. not sure about the nude shade comment?!

2 weeks/3weeks wear time and comment on regrowth is helpful
dont remove at home
and use nail oil daily all excellent points.

seems like someone did the research and had the basis of an accurate report but then it got lost in translation or through chinese whispers became totally garbled!!

OMG I can't even believe that was printed!

the beginnings of a fair/helpful review are there... i'm guessing what was meant is gelish application is 45mins, shellac application is 30mins.

gelish can feel thicker and more like a false nail compared to shellac with its thinner polish consistency but the difference is subtle!

if you take into account layering/glitter/pigments etc neither range has limited colours. but they dont sell them in infinite shades so I supposed that could stand. not sure about the nude shade comment?!

2 weeks/3weeks wear time and comment on regrowth is helpful
dont remove at home
and use nail oil daily all excellent points.

seems like someone did the research and had the basis of an accurate report but then it got lost in translation or through chinese whispers became totally garbled!!

In my opinion it is a ridiculous review on every level!!

The woman has done her 'research' in the crudest way instead of having any real experience herself. This is what I hate about researchers ... they know very little on a practical level; all they do is regurgitate other peoples' ideas and half-digested information or half-baked information from sources that are suspect .. just like Dr Oz. And just like Dr Oz there is no right of comeback or any balance, so the misinformation 'hangs' out in the ether somewhere waiting to be reviewed again and again.

I don't find any merit in that piece of rubbish and how is a consumer to separate the negligible good info from the wealth of bad info? You know what they say about a good liar? Stick in a little bit of truth and people are more likely to believe the rest. :evil:

Last edited:
with british press you do have a right to reply.
S2 can complain to sunday times and ask them to print a correction.
if they don't get any joy from that there is the press complaints commission,
see points 1 and 2 of the pcc code :

1 Accuracy

i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including pictures.
ii) A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and - where appropriate - an apology published. In cases involving the Commission, prominence should be agreed with the PCC in advance.
iii) The Press, whilst free to be partisan, must distinguish clearly between comment, conjecture and fact.
iv) A publication must report fairly and accurately the outcome of an action for defamation to which it has been a party, unless an agreed settlement states otherwise, or an agreed statement is published.

2 Opportunity to reply

A fair opportunity for reply to inaccuracies must be given when reasonably called for.

Press Complaints Commission >> Editors' Code of Practice >> Editors' Code

why not turn it into an opportunity for free publicity.
invite mis parhad for a geniune shellac and a bit of (re-)education!
if you have ST on the backfoot for printing inaccuracies,
might be worth advising them of the love shellac certified salon locator too!

Last edited:
Scraping included? Who's been removing her Gelish!

You'd expect the Times to be a bit more reliable than that. Terrible 'review' all round. Intrigued by why they think nude is the best shade of Shellac too. Personal taste surely rather than a pro/con of a service.

Its the scraping comment that really sent me over the edge! Either she hasn't done any research or she has been to a salon and whoever has tended to her nails has gone about it in completely the wrong way! I'd expect this from a paper like the Daily Mail but not the Sunday Times!

Shocking! Talk about giving the wrong impression, if i was a potential client & read that it'd put me off both treatments!

Its the scraping comment that really sent me over the edge! Either she hasn't done any research or she has been to a salon and whoever has tended to her nails has gone about it in completely the wrong way! I'd expect this from a paper like the Daily Mail but not the Sunday Times!

I'm not sure why this sent you over the edge ... supposed nail technicians use that word every day here on salongeek. Of course I hate it as no one should be doing it, but the fact is that many are impatient and scrape away all the time at every removal! it's wrong, it is damaging, but they do it all the time and they say it because that is what they have been taught to do.

I'm not sure why this sent you over the edge ... supposed nail technicians use that word every day here on salongeek. Of course I hate it as no one should be doing it, but the fact is that many are impatient and scrape away all the time at every removal! it's wrong, it is damaging, but they do it all the time and they say it because that is what they have been taught to do.

It sent me over the edge because its false information. Any properly trained tech knows that isn't best practice. This has appeared in what you would expect to be a high end reputable newspaper, anyone reading that would be put off having the treatment. She should have done her research.

Did any1 else see this?! What a load of actual rubbish, No wonder clients are clueless!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359817864.733400.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359817864.733400.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That is shocking! Definately not meant as a spoof? Even of it was its not exaxtly funny lol xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Nope, totally serious! And not one bit of information is actually accurate. I wonder where she got that from.

And the thing is, the article around that quotes Marian Newman, and she defo wouldn't have had anything to do with it.

X

Latest posts

Back