Gelish soak off not working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
The last few times I have used my Gelish soak off it hasn't worked. I thought at first I had my soak off and cleans bottles mixed up, but did a soak off tonight and still it didn't work, I had to scrape off with an orange stick.
Nothing peels away from the nail and Gelish is stuck hard.
I am buffing applying soak off to a cut up lint free nail wipe and wrapping in foil. I soaked my own nails the other night but no joy I had to buff it off in the end.
I am wondering if it's because the bottle has been left out on my table. It worked perfectly when I first bought it and used to put it back into my case but the busier I get I tend to leave it out.
It is not in direct sunlight and my room is quite shady but I do have an overhead lamp. I have put my new bottle away in the cupboard so this doesn't lose the effect.xx:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hunni

How long are you leaving the soak off on for.. i usually soak off mine wihint 10 - 15 mins depending on how many layers and the depth of colour.. i sometimes use a heated towel to wrp the hand in which helps speed up the process when it is cold.. the layers should come away from the nail with a orange stick when you gently scrape...

i dont even buff lol.. where did you purchase your bottle of gelish from may i ask..

re you making sure the soaked pad is right over the nail and free edge when you wrap.. i did that once and the pad had slipped.. lol..

if you take us through your whole application process maybe more light can be shed on your problem..

Sarah xx

Hey
I am new to Gelish too. The only problem I have had with the nail harmony soak off was I had a client in who had Gellux applied. Man it took me forever to remove. I did my usual of buffing to break the seal then soaked pads with soak off and wrapped in foil and left for 10ish minutes. There was no joy, I did again and it was still as bad. I basically had to prise it off! With Gelsih soak offs I have found its just crumbled off.
Maybe it was the Gellux, I dont know?
Has anyone else had this?
Claire x

Use cotton wool pads instead of the lint free wipes. This works much better :) x

Ok I buff all ten nails,
apply soak off to lint free wipe,
wrap in foil and making sure free edge is covered,
and wait 15 mins ( the first time I used it it came off in 10)
then scrape away from nail with orange stick.
On our course we were told we could use the lamp to help soak of, using the heat from lamp. I have also wrapped in warm towel.
It is still not lifting and I have to buff off remainder Gelish.:sad:

Maybe I am not using a tick enough wipe I will try and use the cotton wool.
Is it safe to leave my soak off on my table or leave it in the dark?

My Soak off is in a pump dispenser on my desk, and I have no problems!

I think it is just a timing issue and using cottonwool is better.

it should be fine if not in direct sunlight, the product would still work perfectly well even then.

Sounds all ok to me.. sometimes soaking off more than 2 layers.. or darker colours takes a little longer.. i basically, pop a bit of remover in a dappen dish (so i can cover).. i have already cut my lint free wipes into little squares.. i take a wipe with my tweezers dip into the remover, place on nail then wrap.. then i go to the other hand buff all fingers (if i want to).. and repeat.. leave for 5 mins..because by the time you have done the next hand ther first one has usually alread been on 5 mins.. then go back to the first hand take off the first finger you did.. if gelish comes off easily i carry on.. if not i re-wrap and go to next finger and so on.. by the time you have done all ten.. then go back to the first finger that has the re-soak on.. it shoudl be easier.. i then gently buff with a 240 buffer to smooth any left product.. before re-application of gelish.

Hope that all makes sense.. hard to put ito words my process. iguess everyone has a similar way of doing it.. i do it this way so i dont ruin my own nails.. it works for me..

Sarah xx

Sarah thank you, putting squares of cut up lint wipe into dampen dish with soak off sounds good. Thinking about it I may have been a tad economical with my soak off as on the course we were told only to use a small amount but they used magi-wraps (I think that's what they're called). I understand what you're saying wrap as you go instead of at the end, makes sense sounds quicker I will give it a try. Thanks every body for your reply's I hope I have now sorted problem out.xx

I use acetone and cotton, it so quick and work the best. Lint free wipe doesn't stick to the nail properly especially to the corners. I use a piece of cotton and acetone, then wrap it with foil (normal foil that hairdressers use) and by the time I finish the last nail I start opening the first one and it all come off easily. If there is 3 coats or dark colours sometimes I file the surface slightly and then wrap it. When I scrape it with orange stick, if something is still there I wrap it again and go to the next nail. It's easy, quick and save a lot of products. I do the same thing with acrylic when people want to remove them and have Gelish on.

I also use cotton wool and acetone and foil from the pound shop, I find it can be too expensive getting the actual harmony soak off product although I must admit it smells better! I also leave the nails soaking for around 15 mins with my hands wrapped in a towel or in a paraffin wax mitten and the gelish comes off easily.

Keep persisting with it :)

Alison xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

d-solve from CND is much more economical & works a treat.

Ellisons sell it with a £50 minimum spend it's free postage, rather than from CND who have £125 minimum spend.

Sorry I have a real thing about having to pay postage when you buy from them.
The fact that we are regular professional customers should stand for something.

d-solve from CND is much more economical & works a treat.

Ellisons sell it with a £50 minimum spend it's free postage, rather than from CND who have £125 minimum spend.

Sorry I have a real thing about having to pay postage when you buy from them.
The fact that we are regular professional customers should stand for something.

Agree, D-Solve is the best stuff I've tried so far for removal of Gelish and Gelicure and its the cheapest.

I have bought a new bottle of soak off for £17, I wanted to stick with Harmony name all Gelish products for Gelish. I opened an account with cnd about 2 weeks ago but haven't ordered yet there are a few things I am interested in buying so will add D-Solve if I can afford it, I have heard good things about it. I will definatly try the cotton wool I have another soak off Tuesday. Thanks for all your help:)xx

Pooh8bear I too hate delivery charge, makes me cry:cry:xx

I have bought a new bottle of soak off for £17, I wanted to stick with Harmony name all Gelish products for Gelish. I opened an account with cnd about 2 weeks ago but haven't ordered yet there are a few things I am interested in buying so will add D-Solve if I can afford it, I have heard good things about it. I will definatly try the cotton wool I have another soak off Tuesday. Thanks for all your help:)xx

Pooh8bear I too hate delivery charge, makes me cry:cry:xx

The price you paid for the 500ml Harmony Soak Off is not too far off the price you would pay for 3000mls of D-Solve, its even cheaper if you buy in 5000ml bottles.

I also would prefer to use all the branded products, but I don't like being ripped off and D-Solve works better anyway.

:green:
The last few times I have used my Gelish soak off it hasn't worked. I thought at first I had my soak off and cleans bottles mixed up, but did a soak off tonight and still it didn't work, I had to scrape off with an orange stick.
Nothing peels away from the nail and Gelish is stuck hard.
I am buffing applying soak off to a cut up lint free nail wipe and wrapping in foil. I soaked my own nails the other night but no joy I had to buff it off in the end.
I am wondering if it's because the bottle has been left out on my table. It worked perfectly when I first bought it and used to put it back into my case but the busier I get I tend to leave it out.
It is not in direct sunlight and my room is quite shady but I do have an overhead lamp. I have put my new bottle away in the cupboard so this doesn't lose the effect.xx:sad:

hi i have the same trouble and on my last soak off i used plain and faithful acetone and it worked a treat and thats what i shall use in the future i explaine to the customer first and are so ok about it cause useing the gelish one they its a nightmere these days , as long as you nourish well afterwards is all good , good luck your be just fine :)

The price you paid for the 500ml Harmony Soak Off is not too far off the price you would pay for 3000mls of D-Solve, its even cheaper if you buy in 5000ml bottles.

I also would prefer to use all the branded products, but I don't like being ripped off and D-Solve works better anyway.

Thanks JuicyLucy I just had a quick look at prices and your right it's way cheaper.xx

I did my soak off yesterday using cotton wool and it worked a treat. The Gelish flaked off in mins and it didn't take too long as she was wearing structure as well .
Thankyou :Dxx

Latest posts

Back