Gelish soak off process taking way to long

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stimpyroo

Reaction score
My soak off process has started taking almost 30 minutes wondering if its cause its winter or maybe my remover is just a bad batch I use gelish soak off any advice??

hi, cant comment on the gelish remover i have it but have never used it, i just use pure acetone, mine takes 15 - 20 mins. are you buffing the top layer first? this is what i do and then wrap each nail and by the time i finish wrapping the last one the first one is then ready for the excess to be removed if that makes sense.

It does take longer if peoples hands are cold, I use a wheat bag to warm clients hands and that helps. :)

I've noticed that in the last few weeks it's taken a little longer which I'm sure is because hands are cold - must dig out heated mits.

Try using D-Solve, cotton wool and hairdressers foil. Also do not buff the topcoat. I do a removal and re-Gelish in 45-50 minutes.

Wrap all 10 fingers. Wait three of four minutes. Remove the first wrap only, prep that nail ready for reapplication and move on to the next until you have completed the first hand. First hand in the lamp while you are removing one wrap and prepping on the other hand.

Hope this helps.

Try applying your foundation coat thinner.

I still find removal of gelish bit of a pain. Over the last few weeks I have made sure all my coats are thin especially the foundation layer,made sure the cotton wool is soaked in remover. I also find that not buffing the top coat makes removal easier than before. I used to apply heat straight away to the hands ( pre heated hot mitts) but found this was one of the problems as it was drying up the remover. So now i use a warm weat bag and place over clients hands for the last 5 min. I find this has made a huge difference BUT i am still left with tiny gel bits on the nail which i have to buff off. Can anybody shed some light on this problem?

I use gelish and also the harmony soak off. Using magi foils I saturate the pad and wrap around the nail then place hands into heated mitts within 10 minutes the gelish has lifted off the nail plate
HTH xx

I'm going to buy some heated mitts as it will be nicer for the client if their hands are cold it takes ages x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thanks everyone I used to use pure acetone and I even tried cnd nourishing remover (naughty for mixing) also I started using hands down nail wraps I guess it's back to foils for winter and I'm going to grab some wheat bags.

I know it's kinda weird but I found that it doesn't really matter if you buff the top layer it still takes as long :):eek:

Only takes me 15 mons to remove. I use gelish remover and foils. Works a treat. I do use white sanding block to etch top coat as I find it works quicker. I don't buff the actual nail! Hth x

Latest posts

Back