Gelish-squeaky shine!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalounewt

Reaction score
When i was taught gelish my teacher told me that when you clean the sticky top coat off it should make a squeaking noise! Im not getting this, anyone now what im doing wrong?! X

Use cotton wool to cleanse x

I use the circular pads? Arent they the same? X

Any lint free wipe (you can use cotton wool but that tends to leave fuzzies in my nail area) soaked with Gelish Nail Surface Cleanse (or alternative) is fine.

I have never had a squeak and never had a problem. As long as it wipes off the tacky layer, you're good to go!

Ah right okay thankyou! I will order some lint free wipes today! Also my shine doesnt really stay proper shiny?! Any ideas for this? I feel like im doing it totally wrong. Even though im following everything x

I did read a tip on here to wait 30 seconds after curing before wiping off the tacky layer. I do that now although not sure it makes much difference.

Gelish shiny topcoat may dull a little across two weeks wear, but on the whole I'd say the shine is maintained.

Double cure the topcoat.... So once they are cured get client to put hands back in lamp then use non acetone nail polish remover to wipe the sticky residue! Will leave a really good shine xx

Latest posts

Back