Gelish 'You Glare, I Glow'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
I just recently bought this colour and applied it to a colour pop.

When I was applying it I noticed the consistency is extremely thin and watery and it literally needed about 6-7 coats to get an good coverage.

Has anyone else experienced this with this colour? Xx

Have you tried giving it a stir with an orange wood stick?
Did the trick with mine- now I do 3 thin coats as I do with all my gelish colours x

Mine used to be a nightmare, just give it a stir every few times you use it and it's not too bad xx

I have it on now...no problem. Gelish didn't say to shake the way shellac did, but I do and it's much better to apply...sometimes the lid fills though so watch out for drips.

Just a thought, would it be if a white coat was applied first, then the colour of your choice? I've seen it mentioned somewhere that some colours are better if done like this.

Just a thought, would it be if a white coat was applied first, then the colour of your choice? I've seen it mentioned somewhere that some colours are better if done like this.

I tried this and it just made the purple a little lighter but I still needed a few coats for it to not look wishy washy xx

Thanks everyone. I think I have one from a bad batch as it won't even cure properly. Think I'm going to send it back :( x

Latest posts

Back