Gelitz Dull after Curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBeauty10

Reaction score
Hi I've recently bought Gelitz by the edge and have found that although they are good products somehow after curing they were dull. Im trained in Gel nails and find this can happen if the product is applied too thinly or under cured, but neither of these happened. i was just wondering if its a common problem, or is there something im overlooking, would love to hear your thoughts :D thanks in advance!!

I found I has to use the edge mirror finish top coat. I didn't get on at all with gelitz to be honest.

Thanks for reply, I have been looking around for a colour gel. found that and bought a bottle to try and i'm glad as i have to say first impressions arent that great! did you move onto another colour gel and if so is it any good..? :D

I am using gelish which is much better :) I am trying to save to get the shellac system tho as I liked the product but had a bad job done on me. It feels harder than the gels so doesn't feel like it might peel off. Hth

Can I ask what are all the problems you encountered with the Gelitz system? I've just bought the kit and did my first set of nails last night. I dont' want the money to be thrown down the drain so would appreciate any of your tips of managing the Gelitz, at least until I can then afford to bring another system in if I have the same problems as you guys! Thanks.

I did find it strange that when they did a demo at Olympia that she put a normal polish top coat over the gel polish top coat as she said it would be shinier. Seemed like she didn't have enough faith in the product.
It also chipped within a week.

I've just bought the gelitz gel and lamp. Did my nails last night and am thrilled with the end result. They are really shiny and I didn't even put the shine coat on at the end. After I put the base gel on I put hands in lamp for 90 seconds as this is the lowest setting on the timer. Wonder whether this may have helped with the excellent end result.

Hi ladies I recently qualified and brought the edge kit and then purchased 6 of the colored gel polishes. I have to say I have been really disappointed with them. Go streaky when using the gel wipe off, stay tacky following curing and really dull following top coat. Anyone else complained to them ? Really angry to have wasted my money and now confused and scared as to what to buy next

Latest posts

Back