Gellux advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hols_13

Reaction score
I've recently done the gellux course and to be honest I didn't really think it was up to much!! Just seemed to be an easy way for them to sell the product.

I've only been doing the gellux polish for a month or so and have had mixed results.
On toes it's been great. I haven't had anyone chip or have a flaw in the polish in a month!! Perfect :)

However with hands, I've had some that have lasted 10-12 days, some only a week!! None have lasted the recommended 2 weeks yet :(

Is there anything anyone could recommend? I can't really go back to my course tutors, I didn't really trust their judgement in the first place!!
I really would like to improve my technique as I love the product and the colour options. Also after spendig a lot in initial outlay, I want happy customers that will keep coming back!
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help x

What base are you using? I bought the 'easy off' base and it truly was very easy off!!! As in, after only a couple of days my clients nails were lifting off completely, so I've reverted back to the original base and (touch wood) so far so good. HTH? ;)

I'm guessing you're already buffing the nail then 'scrubbing' on the fast bond? Just thought I'd check they'd instructed you this way in training. I'm experiencing similar to you in that a couple of clients are finding it coming off easier than others. But then I know one of them is on medication (anti-depressants) which really cause it to lift off.
Good advice about using the normal base coat for those clients! I hadn't thought of that as always use the easy off as find removing Gellux a real pain.

Practice practise practise!!!

Remove all traces of cuticle. There's a brill vid on YouTube by fingernail fixer that I found invaluable!!
Clean all traces of muck, grit, dust, cuticle cream away with prep + wipe.
Make sure your layers aren't too thick.
Be sure to seal the free edge, this is the main reason for chipping and lifting.

With time you will improve and the result will get better and last longer.

And good luck :)
I love gellux now, just takes a while to get there xx

Practice practise practise!!!

Remove all traces of cuticle. There's a brill vid on YouTube by fingernail fixer that I found invaluable!!
Clean all traces of muck, grit, dust, cuticle cream away with prep + wipe.
Make sure your layers aren't too thick.
Be sure to seal the free edge, this is the main reason for chipping and lifting.

With time you will improve and the result will get better and last longer.

And good luck :)
I love gellux now, just takes a while to get there xx

I haven't done a course with this what do you mean by seal it off do you mean cap edges?

Sorry, just seen this. Yes that's what I mean :) xx

Thanks for all the advice that's really helpful guys :)

Lisam - i am lightly buffing the nail with a white sanding block before cleansing with prep and wipe then using fast bond. What is 'scrubbing on the fast bond'?

Ill keep practising and try to keep the layers as thin as possible!

Thanks soooooo much :green:

I do gelish but if its the same with all foundation / base layer. instead of painting it on like polish u should scrub ur base cost on. in a forwards and backwards motion to work it right into the nail.hthx

Latest posts

Back