Gellux-any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegance91

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to nails as I'm still in training but I have started looking for all my equipment, was wondering if anyone had worked with the Gellux brand before? And if it is any good?

I work wit it I love it haven't tryed shellac or gellish but only downfall with gellux is lack of colours but on there training course they show you how to blend colours

I personally couldn't get on with it and had no end of problems trying to remove it. I then switched to Gelish and have never looked back.

I've been using it for 12 months and get on great with it - I agree about colour choice there is no where near as much as shellac - but you can mix your own
Buy the easy off base coat it's much easier to remove 👍

I use it alongside gelish they don't have many colours but the colours they do have are very nice x

I use it and love it! Have the odd person it's a bit stubborn to remove on (myself included) but I use it alongside shellac and I have equally as many clients for both!
Just bought the 6 new colours from the ice,Ice baby range. I think they have loads of colour choice and they can be mixed or layered too. So much choice!
So long as your layers are applied thinly-better to have 2/3 thin layers than 2 applied too thickly. I trained through salon systems so did the Gellux worship whilst training :) the only thing I do differently is I don't buff the shine off the nails,I just squeak with acetone or cnd scrub fresh.

I've been using it for ages and I really like it, I haven't used gelish or shellac though so I can't compare! I do think they are lacking in a few colours like a nice wine and maybe a nude!
I haven't used the easy off base coat, I was always afraid that it would peel off easily on people or something, does anyone have any problems with it or is it better that the top/base?

Amanda xx

I've been using it for ages and I really like it, I haven't used gelish or shellac though so I can't compare! I do think they are lacking in a few colours like a nice wine and maybe a nude!
I haven't used the easy off base coat, I was always afraid that it would peel off easily on people or something, does anyone have any problems with it or is it better that the top/base?

Amanda xx

I use the easy off base coat and haven't had any problems so far. Have you tried Vampire blood? That's quite a nice winey colour. I would also like a nude that's not pink :)

Thanks girls. This was very helpful. I've only used red carpet and gelish myself x

I am getting rid of all of mines as I struggle with removal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm slowly getting rid of mine for opi as the brushes aren't great and colours are not as exciting as opi!

Opi do have some beautiful colours. I'm still shopping around as I want to be able to have a wide range of colours x

Latest posts

Back