Gellux Base with Gelish Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkica

Reaction score
I am mixing and matching, has anyone had problems with chipping or peeling when doing this? Ive found the Gellux base is much better value for money as it can be used as base and top coat.

xx

I am mixing and matching, has anyone had problems with chipping or peeling when doing this? Ive found the Gellux base is much better value for money as it can be used as base and top coat.

xx

I use gellux and don't mix brands. if you try it and it seems to work with no problems then its totally up to you. I'd be a tad worried of the chemical/ingredient differences of each brand which could lead to short lasting results or a bad reaction on the wearer's nail. maybe I'm being daft. don't you have two different products for base and top coats with gelish??

Well no, see i was originally going to use Gelux so i bought the base and top and then i decided to switch to Gelish (purely because of word of mouth) so then i thought well ill just use my gelux base and top rather than getting gelish ones but now im worrying thats probably what is making it not last. Its peeling pretty quickly, im not sure if its my application or the fact im using two different products

xx

I you are absolutely sure that you are cleaning the nail plate of all contaminants for example using cuticle remover, curette, scrubfresh/swipe/cleanser and a slight buffing of the nail plate to remove shine, and it is STILL peeling.... Its definitely the mixing...:p

Same with me and im sure im defo doing everything else, its not happening all the time but more than enough :irked: xx

I think the reason it is not lasting is the fact you are not using the whole system, mixing product from different systems can cause all manner of problems not just chipping and peeling.

If you are using it on clients I would strongly recommend you get the Gelish foundation and top coat, clients want a professional service and sorry if this sounds harsh but mixing systems is far from professional.

My clients range from getting 2 and half weeks upto 6 weeks out of their Gelish, although why someone wants it on for 6 weeks with all that regrowth is beyond me!! x

Yes I think your totally right my ways of saving money has clearly not worked and need to use the same system throughout thanks for all your help girls really appreciate it xx

The Gelish base coat lasts forever, ive had my bottle for ages now and if you go into Sallys on VAT free day that will save you a few pennies, keep an eye on the Nail Harmony website as they often do offers too x

Yes I think your totally right my ways of saving money has clearly not worked and need to use the same system throughout thanks for all your help girls really appreciate it xx

you could always use the rest of the gellux base/top coat for doing rockstar nails so its not just wasted, it would just mean you can't use a colour from your gelish collection to put under the glitter. hope you get what i mean. also thin coats after thorough prep work of course helps with chipping/peeling. x

Hi,
Can anyone help me. Ive switched from using gelac system to gellux and i can't get it to last more than a couple of days before it lifts. Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks

Last edited:
search Gellux on the search tab, I have put my prep on some of the threads & a few other techs using the system have also...but the main thing is to ensure full prep of the nail & to apply really thin layers of product & sealing the free edge after every layer. hope this helps x

xx

I used Gelicure Base and Top with Gelish on myself and a couple of friends to try out and although it lasted just as well, it was really hard to apply the Gelish on top of the Gelicure base coat, it just shrunk all the time and was a nightmare. Since I've got the Gelish base and top it's sooooo much easier to apply. I would stick with the whole system if I was you.

Latest posts

Back