Gellux 'easy off' base

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?
It costs twice as much but could be good if it significantly reduces the time to remove...

Just wondered what others thought of it X

Has anyone tried this?
It costs twice as much but could be good if it significantly reduces the time to remove...

Just wondered what others thought of it X

I don't use gellux yet but am considering it so I too would be interested in this as the hard soak off is what's putting me off of the product

Dont let it put u off, practice and patience have sped up my time loads.
i would recommend using foil wraps as soaking doesn't work and ruins nails and fingers :) xx
Anyone else tried it? X

Have not tried it but will be ordering soon. Would also like to know others opinions x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Dont let it put u off, practice and patience have sped up my time loads.
i would recommend using foil wraps as soaking doesn't work and ruins nails and fingers :) xx
Anyone else tried it? X
Yeah but I'm used to shellac which soaks off like a dream x

I love gellux, but if you use shellac I don't think you should change to gellux as shellac seems a much easier product to work with x

Surely I can't be the only one that thinks if they feel the need to bring out an 'Easy Off' base coat....then they are admitting their normal base coat is a nightmare to get off. To charge double for it seems to add insult to injury ;)

I fully agree! They should charge the same as its an issue with gellux, not the users.
Almost makes me want to convert :(

Hi guys,

where are you all seeing it at twice the price? On capital it is the same price as the regular base/top coat, as is the new "shiny top coat". Maybe there is a pricing error.

Has anyone tried the new base though? Is it really "easy off"?

Mine comes tomorow. Cant wait to have a play! Didnt buy the seperate top coat only the base x

Mine comes tomorow. Cant wait to have a play! Didnt buy the seperate top coat only the base x

Ooh maybe you can give us a review in a couple of weeks when you've tested it? :) x

Will do. Not sure if i should have orderd the seperate top coat but couldnt find much info. So am thinking it should be ok to top coat with my existing base/top coat because the top coat gets buffed off and its the base that i have trouble removing x

Hi there,

Just ordered mine too and the new glitter range i just ordered the top coat, i asked in capita they said should be fine just make sure you buff the top coat off the difference is with the new top coat if suppose to have extra shine to it. Ohhh cant wait to try the new base coat hopefully it'll make removal so much easier, fingers cross :) xx

Yeay its here ;-)

We're all waiting with baited breath now lol x

So I finally got round to trying removal and alough it wasnt a mirricle product the "easy of base" does make it much easier ;). Just filed to break the seal then removed with an orange stick.
How did you find it hodaazrout? Did you remove with acetone or their remover. Was wondering if there would be a differance.
Also I might add, Ihave the coldest hands in the world lol!

Anyway Im now happy to invest in Gellux (can buy 12 colours to start with, already have vampire blood, rose damask and the gold glitter) any ideas on colours anyone :)

Waffle why not have it done somewhere then try to remove yourself to see what you think. Ive never used shellac but from what ive read on here you cant beat the removal x

Hi ya I haven't done removal yet done afew so they're due soon for removal re varnish can't wait to try, glad to hear it went well makes me feel at ease no need to change products all my clients love gellux find they last well. I have bought mashino cherry and chocca mocha and violet vaze they're lovely I also bought the red and silver glitter, the red glitter with mashino cherry looks amazing together!!! Oh with removal I have always used pure acetone never used their brand. Also raspberry sorbet, blueberry crush, devil red, oreintal poppy are popular I find hope this helps xx

If it helps... The colours I find most popular are definatly pink diamonds without doubt!!
Also ocean coral, just peachy, wild minx, Hawaii hibiscus, burgundy velvet and marachino cherry are my most popular colours (in that order)

Thank you ladies, cant wait to put my order in ;-) x

Latest posts

Back