Gellux soak off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hiya i have been using gellux lately and am having trouble with the removal. I get rid of all the shine on the nails by using a 180 file and then use the remover solution and put in foil. Ive had nails soaking for an hour and the gel still isnt coming off. alot of the girls im at college with have had the same problem aswel and are finding its really ruining there clients nails. Any tips? x

Hi Chloedavis1993... I started with gellux back in July, I went on the training at the very beginning and in the training the gellux did come off after 15 mins but when I started to use on clients / family and friends I too have the same trouble - I ended up filing and buffing a lot more than I wanted too (I never went to the natural nail but felt I was buffing a lot). I believe that the gellux came off in the training because it had only be on the nail for about 3 hours max.

I have heard that some people find the removal easy but I wasn't one of them - some people warm the remover solution before and then add a heated pad to help.

Since then I have changed to Shellac and I couldn't be happier - the product really does come of in 10 mins.

Not sure if this will help but I know there are other nail tech's that have also had problems - you are not the only one..

xx

yeh its just such a nightmare! i done it on my own nails and had to stop in the end as it was starting to hurt where i had been filing for so long! think i will definitly have to give shellac a go!

Hi,

There have been a few posts about the removal of Gellux now and different geeks have found different methods, to find them do a search on Gellux and you should come across them.

I myself had problems and started using a head pad or heated mits on clients nails while they were soaking in the wraps. They come off in the stated time now, some quicker than others, I find the dark pigments take the full 15mins but the lighter ones only around 10.

Hope you find your solution and/or an alternative system that you're happy with.

Latest posts

Back