Gelousy Gel Nail Systems to help stars look their best for the Emmys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelousy

Reaction score
For Release 9 a.m. MST​

August 1, 2006​

Gelousy Gel Nail Systems invited to do nails for the Emmys​

Gelousy Gel Nail Systems to help stars look their best for the Emmys​

PHOENIX — August 1, 2006 — Gelousy Gel Nail Systems has been invited to perform gel enhancements, manicures and pedicures for the presenters and the nominees for the 58th annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The awards show will be broadcast Sunday August 27th, 2006 at 8:00pm/7:00pm central on NBC.

Gelousy Master Educators Karra Westcott and Tarra Mariscal will be performing the services for the stars.

“It is a genuine honor to be asked to do nails for such a prestigious event.” Said Erick Westcott, CEO of Gelousy. “There will be millions of people all over the world saying wow, what product is she wearing. We will be taking our massive database of nail techs that are using Gelousy. The celebrities will go home with a print out of nail techs using Gelousy so they can continue to get fills with the Gelousy system.”

Gelousy Gel Nail Systems is a leader in not only UV cured gel technology, but innovative ways to make the salon environment safer and more profitable for the nail technician. The company offers a wide range of products and services designed to empower nail technicians to take control of their time and income potential.

The annual Primetime Emmy® Awards celebrate excellence in national prime time programming, awarding top honors during the creative arts awards and prime time telecast.

#########​

Gelousy is a trademark of Gelousy Gel Nail Systems. Emmy and the Emmy Statuette are the trademark property of ATAS/NATAS. NBC is a trademark of NBC Universal, Inc.

For more information: Erick Westcott, 602-493-9043, [email protected], [URL="http://www.gelousy.com"]www.gelousy.com[/URL]

so is gelousy a good brand??? anyone here used it! what is it like

Hi there

Havn't heard of it myself but am going to check out the link & have a squizz.
Well done to them to have been asked....

XX J XX

never heard of them, wuld iamgine theya re trying to promote themselves in uk if posting that on here.

So do they have to do free nails on all the celebs?

Great opportunity for advertising but at their own expense - and very costly too!

yes, i agree its definately a plug.. i have been a nail tech for nearly 10 years, i work all over europe, NEVER HEARD OF THEM!:confused:

ALTHOUGH WHO KNOWS IT COULD BE A GOOD PRODUCT, GOOD MARKETING IDEA, DOIN ALL THE CELEBS IN ONE GO!

hummmmmm I'm supprised this was allowed, is this not advertising ???

Given the forum that it is in (ie News - & not just anyone can post there) I should imagine that GMG must have had a hand in posting it - at least with a Front Page listing!) If not - I guess it'll disappear soon!

It's easy to get suspicious of the motivation behind these kinds of posts, but theres a fine line between advertising and celebrating success (something postive that we should all do!)

So well done Gelousy! (yes, I've heard of them - don't know if they are any good, but it takes us all one step closer to finding out maybe?)

Zingara said:
Given the forum that it is in (ie News - & not just anyone can post there) I should imagine that GMG must have had a hand in posting it - at least with a Front Page listing!) If not - I guess it'll disappear soon!

It's easy to get suspicious of the motivation behind these kinds of posts, but theres a fine line between advertising and celebrating success (something postive that we should all do!)

So well done Gelousy! (yes, I've heard of them - don't know if they are any good, but it takes us all one step closer to finding out maybe?)

It may be in News but its still advertising, I've see thing like this is the past come and go and thought "why? its good to here about others success"

Lets hope this stays!

On the other not I've not heard of them but I guess I can say I now have.

I look forward to seeing the nails that the celebritys will be wearing. I think its a great way to get the product launched. I like to hear about things that are new.
xxx:green:

Danger Mouse said:
hummmmmm I'm supprised this was allowed, is this not advertising ???

I reckon its bragging... :lol:

CadenceAlex said:
I reckon its bragging... :lol:

think i would be bragging if i was in their shoes :)

CadenceAlex said:
So do they have to do free nails on all the celebs?

Great opportunity for advertising but at their own expense - and very costly too!

Hi, I thought I would answer this. We have done nails for the Emmy´s the Grammies, the Oscars, Sundance Film Festival, Fashion Rocks etc and it´s all down to what you are willing to pay for the privilege and also the fact that you have to pay for your team, product etc to be there. It is kudos to do these events but let me tell you something... no one hardly ever has enhancements applied (actually we did do Britney Spears at the Sun-dance Film Festival which we have done for about 5 years now), but that was rare. Most (including the guys) will have manicures and pedicures. Sam did the Grammies twice and did Justin Timberlake plus various others - nearly all want manicures. It is great way to get your branding out there and that´s why we do it because it also good for our customers and their clients. People like to be assiociated with this type of event because of the pictures you can get with the celebs holding your products, hanging with the ambassadors etc.

When we do Fashion Week for NY, London, Milan and Paris... we don´t get paid a thing, but because we have done it consistently for so long, they all know us and we get asked again and again. The make-up and hair artists get paid, one day I hope we will too but I won´t hold my breath!!:rolleyes:

Just as an FYI - I allowed industry news items to be submitted. I had to really think long and hard about OKing the two Press Releases I did, but in the end I decided to give it a go.
Why? Mainly because its still industry news. Generally something you may find in the Industry News section of a magazine.

If it turns into an advertising SPAM section, then Ill either dump the idea or request a fee for it. In the end, I still have to approve the posts and I wont do so if its taken advantage of or if it isnt news.

Consider the whole thing as an experiment.

Hi everyone,just would like to say that this gel system company is based
out of Phoenix,Arizona USA. i have been to a couple of nail shows and
they were there.the owner was pretty kool,they have great files,but i
have not tryed there gel yet.i will be going to the nail show in Orlando FL
i will have to really check it out and let you guy's know how it is:green:
hotpolish

There was a request for press releases to be submitted to enhance the news section. If someone asks for press releases, you bet I will oblige. The press releases are in a separate section called news, as they should be. Press releases are generally published for free, as it is a news item and it is of interest to many people. Sometimes the press releases themselves are not published, but a new story is written from the information in the release. If you get right down to it, yes it is a form of advertising. But it is not advertising in the traditional sense. Look at Microsoft for example, they release several press releases per day, granted they are a huge company. But how else would the industry know things like new product releases, opening new offices, promotion of key executives, etc. without press releases. Microsoft is not going to take a full page ad out in the Wall Street Journal announcing that Joe Smith has just been promoted to Vice President of Electric Gerbil Programming. However that bit of news may be of interest to some, so they issue a press release.

It is a fine line between being independent and selling out to a particular manufacturer or another. The way I see it, and this is only my opinion… Is that information outlets like The Nail Geek would do well with the support of manufacturers and distributors as well as nail techs. But can and should retain their independence. As a manufacturer I am happy to be able to support The Nail Geek and others with information, news and even to answer the occasional question or two when an expert is called for. I also believe that this can be done without ***YELLING ABOUT A GREAT HALF OFF OFFER FOR 90% OFF OF SALE PRICES***…while supplies last. And I don’t ever mind answering a question in a completely non product specific way.

I hope to be welcomed here and participate in various discussions as well as be able to share news, in the appropriate forum, about our company. I have lurked for a few years, but it seems that the Nail Geek is becoming much more international lately, as is our company and felt that the time was right to introduce myself.

If I am deemed to be inappropriate or for some reason or another my comments, information or opinions are not wanted, that is ok too. Just slap me around a bit and send me on my way, otherwise I look forward to chatting with many of you soon.
Thanks,

Erick Westcott, CEO

Gelousy Gel Nail Systems

If anyone remembers, I did a post about a month ago, on this gel system I've never seen done before. The site I went to was, www.alnails.com and watched this tech do a set with gel from a bottle. I went to Gelousy's site, and here its the same system this tech was doing on this video. I don't know how good it would be to do a set out of a bottle. Wouldn't it be hard to control?

Our system is very different from Angel Love (alnails.com). Completely different technique, completely different chemistry. While we both use a bottle, we use a different kind of bottle and use the bottle in a different way.

Erick Westcott, CEO
Gelousy Gel Nail Systems

There was a request for press releases to be submitted to enhance the news section. If someone asks for press releases, you bet I will oblige. The press releases are in a separate section called news, as they should be. Press releases are generally published for free, as it is a news item and it is of interest to many people. Sometimes the press releases themselves are not published, but a new story is written from the information in the release. If you get right down to it, yes it is a form of advertising. But it is not advertising in the traditional sense. Look at Microsoft for example, they release several press releases per day, granted they are a huge company. But how else would the industry know things like new product releases, opening new offices, promotion of key executives, etc. without press releases. Microsoft is not going to take a full page ad out in the Wall Street Journal announcing that Joe Smith has just been promoted to Vice President of Electric Gerbil Programming. However that bit of news may be of interest to some, so they issue a press release.

It is a fine line between being independent and selling out to a particular manufacturer or another. The way I see it, and this is only my opinion… Is that information outlets like The Nail Geek would do well with the support of manufacturers and distributors as well as nail techs. But can and should retain their independence. As a manufacturer I am happy to be able to support The Nail Geek and others with information, news and even to answer the occasional question or two when an expert is called for. I also believe that this can be done without ***YELLING ABOUT A GREAT HALF OFF OFFER FOR 90% OFF OF SALE PRICES***…while supplies last. And I don’t ever mind answering a question in a completely non product specific way.

I hope to be welcomed here and participate in various discussions as well as be able to share news, in the appropriate forum, about our company. I have lurked for a few years, but it seems that the Nail Geek is becoming much more international lately, as is our company and felt that the time was right to introduce myself.

If I am deemed to be inappropriate or for some reason or another my comments, information or opinions are not wanted, that is ok too. Just slap me around a bit and send me on my way, otherwise I look forward to chatting with many of you soon.
Thanks,

Erick Westcott, CEO

Gelousy Gel Nail Systems
Hi Erick
You are most welcome here as is everyone in my opinion. Look forward to hearing great things about your product. Probably wont get to Australia for a while, we are slow in getting new products.

Cheers

Hope it's a success, well really it has to be, there would be nothing worse than a "star" slagging or disliking what you have done to them.

Latest posts

Back