General questions re: UV cured colour coats, answered

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ladies.

New to geeking and have a problem with gelish soak off gel.
I bought 2 gels from beverly beaute, new pastels and neither of them have cured. I use opi lamp and various different gel ranges never have i came across this problem.
Its like it is really gooeing on top and i can scrap it off with ny nail, just doesnt seem like its setting.
Please help.

Hi ladies.

New to geeking and have a problem with gelish soak off gel.
I bought 2 gels from beverly beaute, new pastels and neither of them have cured. I use opi lamp and various different gel ranges never have i came across this problem.
Its like it is really gooeing on top and i can scrap it off with ny nail, just doesnt seem like its setting.
Please help.

Welcome to Salon geek !

One problem is Beverley beauty ... They are not an authorised distributor for the UK. They ship products illegally. They have no right to export to the UK. You may be receiving fake product! Lots of them about. There is an authorised distributor in the UK for that product and you can get it in Sally's as well.

Second problem is you are not using the correct lamp and it is not curing the gel. Or the bulbs need changing or are not working properly. As pointed out in this thread ... Use the lamp that goes with your system or you may experience problems and allergic reaction to uncured gel.

If a product is not curing, then it is not getting enough UV light to cure it.

Hey ladies :) im just wondering if any of you know of a gel polish top coat that doesnt stain on hairdressers nails? I apologize if this has been asked already i couldnt find any info on this

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

OPI gel color top coat is amazing!
Love this post it's so helpful

Hi there, I'm just newly qualified in NSI UV gel overlays. I've been practising and haven't actually advertised or had a paying customer yet. I have done a few sets of french whites and natural overlays with tips. However, I bought some polishes to try out over the top of the gels. One of the brands I tried was Barry M's textured polishes. They looked great but the next day they all split vertically. Has anyone ever had this problem or is there something I did wrong? I've tried other non-UV polishes and they were fine.

Hi guys. I'm still building my skills not putting myself out there at the yet just practising on myself and sister. I did my nails last night with Shellac and lacente glitter. I notice after removing the top coat inhibition layer and solar oiled I notice that the nail surface wasn't as smooth on some nails( next time I will burnish a little more).
My question is how do I apply an extra top coat. Do I need to scrub fresh or do anything before I apply an extra layer of top coat?

Latest posts

Back