General questions re: UV cured colour coats, answered

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is a first..... I did these rockstar toes on a client (actually my best friend) just before xmas, she's been having them done as-well her fingers for about 7 months now and never has any problems. Usually she gets a good 2 months out of her toes. She's gone to visit a friend in Berlin and they have been doing alot of walking around and seeing the sights as you do. I'm at a bit of a loss to whats happened.

It looks like its started to peel and knowing my friend she's helped it off the rest of the way lol. The only thing I can think is all the walking around she's been doing with possibly shoes that have been causing alot of friction with the Gelish.

She had matching rockstars on her fingernails and they are just fine.

Any idea geeks?

Attachments

• image_1357331396342051.jpg
    image_1357331396342051.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 879
Can you soak shellac/gel polish from buff off hard gel sculptures or does it have to be buff/filed off?

Bumping question, as I'm wondering this :)

Lol ok ignore my post above, there was a big of a mix up, this is her friends toe nails that I did way back in July! She is visiting her and wanted to show me that it was still on. Well on ish haha.

Can I use solar oil on gelled nails. Does this still hydrate the natural nail even with the gel on. I am having problems soaking off. I currently use wraps and have also tried those individual finger soaker things. Is it supposed to peel off once it's soaked? Or does it just soften it so you scrape it off? I don't want to spend too long doing this as its time and money I'm wasting with clients. Thanks.

Can I use solar oil on gelled nails. Does this still hydrate the natural nail even with the gel on. I am having problems soaking off. I currently use wraps and have also tried those individual finger soaker things. Is it supposed to peel off once it's soaked? Or does it just soften it so you scrape it off? I don't want to spend too long doing this as its time and money I'm wasting with clients. Thanks.

Yes you can.

In the case of Shellac, the product removes much more quickly if the client uses Solar Oil daily as per aftercare instructions. We avoid scraping with Shellac. If every trace of colour does not remove with the wrap (we do not soak Shellac even in the "finger thingies") we just take a gauze pad and wet it with the CND Nourishing Remover and remove any residue as you would polish; a little scrub and it is all gone and no nail damage from scraping.:lol:

Can you soak shellac/gel polish from buff off hard gel sculptures or does it have to be buff/filed off?

It is recommended that you file/buff CND Shellac off of Gel or Liquid & Powder enhancements.

HTH :)

you said you dont need to do any buffing of the natural nail before gel application.Is this just for brisa?

you said you dont need to do any buffing of the natural nail before gel application.Is this just for brisa?

This is for CND Shellac and CND Brisa Lite Removable Gel you still need to remove the shine before L&P and Brisa application.

what about buffing/etching the natural nail before gel application?will the gel still stick if you dont do this?

what about buffing/etching the natural nail before gel application?will the gel still stick if you dont do this?

When you use Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel and Brisa lite removable Smoothing gel you never need to etch or remove shine from the natural nail ... There is nothing else like these gels. :D

Hi you said its ok to gently file the shellac cured layer if you notice bumps have appered. Is it ok to wipe over with desperse and then put on your second coat of colour and top coat.

Thanks Kelly.

Hi you said its ok to gently file the shellac cured layer if you notice bumps have appered. Is it ok to wipe over with desperse and then put on your second coat of colour and top coat.

Thanks Kelly.

Yes.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! :)

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! :)
Thank you for your thank you but please ladies, can you save thankyou's for private messages as it messes up my thread and I keep having to ask the mods to delete them ... they have enough work to do without me adding more. Site rules say that if your message is for one person private message it.

Geeg, I have the exact same thing with my Cream Puff. No other colours just this one. It tends to be a lot thicker than the other colours and I do find "bubbles" tend to appear no matter how thin I apply it? It has done it from the very start.

Not sure what causes this in that case?

I've only had this happen with cream puff too. I find it quite thick so I'm guessing its because its going on too thickly. I find it extremely difficult to only get a small amount on the brush.

I've only had this happen with cream puff too. I find it quite thick so I'm guessing its because its going on too thickly. I find it extremely difficult to only get a small amount on the brush.

I do not know how advise you how to put less on your brush other than to say, put less on your brush. You don't need a bead just a coated brush. Apply and then go over it again to remove any excess as you are sealing. Any white contains titanium .. it does feel thicker but you can deal with that by spreading it out with more strokes if necessary until it is right. I'm sorry if this does not sound helpful, but I have never had the problem.

I have a massive confession to make, but have decided to turn it into a learning opportunity so am posting it in here.

I never oiled my toes at all and have left my UV colour coat on for months. Anyway, on getting out of bed I noticed that the outgrown colour coat that is covering only about half of my nail now because of regrowth was hanging off in one piece, allowing me to see the condition of my toe nail underneath where it had previously been covered. The nail plate is completely white and rough ish in texture.

So, to the learning side...I will obviously oil this nail plate, but will the condition have to be grown out? Has anything other than severe dehydration happened here?

What would be the longest you would suggest to a client to keep a UV colour coat on their toes even if they were oiling? (I don't remember asking/covering this in my training).

:o

I have a massive confession to make, but have decided to turn it into a learning opportunity so am posting it in here.

I never oiled my toes at all and have left my UV colour coat on for months. Anyway, on getting out of bed I noticed that the outgrown colour coat that is covering only about half of my nail now because of regrowth was hanging off in one piece, allowing me to see the condition of my toe nail underneath where it had previously been covered. The nail plate is completely white and rough ish in texture.

So, to the learning side...I will obviously oil this nail plate, but will the condition have to be grown out? Has anything other than severe dehydration happened here?

What would be the longest you would suggest to a client to keep a UV colour coat on their toes even if they were oiling? (I don't remember asking/covering this in my training).

:o

Just dehydration. A little Solar Oil and the 1200 side of the Koala buffer will see it gone in a few minutes. Nothing to worry about. I would change your colour about once a month and stop being so lazy!! Lol. Just because its winter and your toes are hidden away.

So I did shellac on a new client last night and found the the product was shrinking back from the sides, not the free edge. Also there we spots on the nail where the product didn't appear to be sticking. It was almost like there was something on the nail plate like oily spots but I had peped and already got the base coat on. Any ideas what caused it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Florence .. shrinkage is caused by using too much. TRUST in the product and stop being so cautious. Just apply it nice and thin; spread it out and go over it again if there is too much product.

Some of you guys really are over thinking what is SO simple. If there appear to be spots then go over it again with your brush until it is nice and smooth before curing!

Latest posts

Back