Genuine opinions required please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi PaulaJayne!

I can see you have been weighing up your options, which is very sensible, and you have been given some great testimonials for Shellac on here. Some might say that mine is a biased opinion, but when I took on Shellac, I stopped having to market my business - clients came and found me. This was SO exciting that I quite literally fell in love with Shellac and THAT is why I applied to become a Shellac Education Ambassador. If it wasn't a great and different product, I wouldn't have been passionate enough about it to take that leap. :)

To ANYONE considering taking a Shellac course, PLEASE make sure you do the CND-approved training, with an educator authorised by Sweet Squared. Our Shellac Brings Them Back course (for qualified manicurists only) costs less than I charge for 2 basic Shellac manicures. The course is set at an affordable price with the intention of making it accessible to all qualified manicurists who are interested in doing it. There is no logic in doing a course that costs the same (or often more) that is not recognised/authorised by CND. There are CND Education Ambassadors and Shellac Education Ambassadors dotted all over the country now - find your nearest one!

To the OP, I know we've messaged each other before, and I'm not all that far from Staffordshire - I might well be your nearest, but if you want to check then S2 will happily point you in the direction of your nearest educator. *hug*

I really need to look to see if there's been a whole new page since I last looked! Lol

It's great to see that the price is within reach. I think I'd have to travel to Essex for my nearest? (I'm in Norfolk)
As soon as I have space on my credit card I shall be investigating ;)

I'm trained in both Shellac and OPI Gelcolor and use both on clients. As others have stated, the more product knowledge, skills and certifications you have, the marketable you are.

If you can afford to get training in the top brands, get it.

My clients (and me) love OPI Axxium soak off and Gelcolor - it's lovely to apply, the shine is amazing and the removal is easy. Clients also love the familiarity with the OPI colours (they match the polishes).

Hth's

Hi up to scratch

There's no doubts I will be doing my shellac training with yourself 😊
Your situated near Worcester arnt you chick?

I'm doing my final deluxe manicure assessment on Monday and although ill then be continuing on to my enhancement module, the college have advised they will be more than happy to provide a letter on headed paper to state that I have passed my manicure stage 😊

I'm currently now looking into a Shellac kit but am not able to view how much these are yet obviously until I get the letter from college about my manicure. I've priced one up in the meantime with ellisons but have no idea as yet whether S2 are cheaper etc

How far in advance do I need to book?

Also if I wanted to do minx do I require a kit for that also?

You've been really helpful thank u

Xxx

I'm not far from Worcester - I live in a little village on the Warwickshire/Worcestershire border. :)

As Geeg said, S2 and Ellisons are the same price, but I would recommend you open an account with S2, as if you make regular purchases directly through them and have completed the Shellac training, you will be entered on the loveshellac.com register.

I run a Shellac course each month, so just let me know when you're ready and I'll give you some dates - the same applies for Minx (and yes, you'll need a Minx kit to train too). :hug:

It's great to see that the price is within reach. I think I'd have to travel to Essex for my nearest? (I'm in Norfolk)
As soon as I have space on my credit card I shall be investigating ;)

My geography is pretty shocking, but Jeni Smith is in Peterborough - is that nearer? :hug:

I didn't realise there was one in Peterborough, yes that would be tonnes better! Thank you.

Goodness I'm getting excited now, it's almost at my fingertips!! :D

You've all been amazingly helpful and I've def made my decision to do both OPI and shellac 😃

Xxx

You've all been amazingly helpful and I've def made my decision to do both OPI and shellac 😃

Xxx

Fab! I reckon you'll love them!
I'm looking forward to doing the same :hug:

Good luck honey!x

Fab! I reckon you'll love them!
I'm looking forward to doing the same :hug:

Good luck honey!x

You too chick 😊
Keep me posted how you get on xxx

I use OPI gelcolor and love it.There is also no buffing of the natural nail required.i never buff prior to any soak offs now including Calgel and bio and it stays just the same.Bio have in fact stopped teaching that you have to.
I chose to use OPI mainly because the polishes match exactly and I get sales from that.People often don't want or need the gel polish on their toes so have just polish also if they chip or lose one or have a bit of growth they want to cover up on their hols or whatever they have the polish to do that.
It is also extremely quick to apply, a whole set can be done in about 20 to 30 mins depending on prep required and your painting skills.
I also couldn't resist the offer and am off on my training this afternoon.

Oooooo Gillian w how exciting!
Please let us know how you get on 😊

That's a great point about the matching polishes too

Thanks Hun xxx

Latest posts

Back