Getting a shine with Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranquilitylinc

Reaction score
Hi All

This has probably been discussed before but I'm hoping you'll forgive me.

I am recently qualified in acrylics, but seem to struggle getting them upto a decent shine with a four way buffer. Can anyone give me some tips on the best way to shine them up.

Any ideas appreciated

thanks

Trish

GRR i have this exact same problem!! :grr::grr::grr:

Please let me know if you find out the solution to getting them shiny! i mean i do them perfect and they look dim, but pro ones look really glossy!

I put on a top coat and everything and it doesnt make a difference!

Really annoys me :irked:

Thankss x:)

Help, Sorry to jump on your thread but im trying to post a new thread, have searched and cant find how to do it and there is nothing that says new thread, feel a bit of a ding bat, can you help? xx

You really need to take time in buffing - work through all your buffers, from the roughest, down to the finest grit. If you have done this correctly the shiny bit shouldn't take much buffing, just a light go over.

I use Entity files and buffers and they have a MAGIC shiny buffer. The shine lasts on acrylics forever and you basically just whip over the nail lightly with the first side, then the second! Bit most of the time I just use the UV Top coat - I likes-a-cheatin'! :lol:

x

Help, Sorry to jump on your thread but im trying to post a new thread, have searched and cant find how to do it and there is nothing that says new thread, feel a bit of a ding bat, can you help? xx

Go back to the main forum page - eg 'Nail Geek' and click the 'New Thread' button at the top left side of the thread list.

:)

i rub cuticle oil into the nail then buff with an ezflow snow monkey then i apply glaze n go by nsi & cure for 2 mins.....gaurenteed glossy nails every time! :) x

heey! i did this too LOL!!

You go onto the forum you want (hair or nails ect) and in the corner on the top left it says ''new thread''.. sorry if i havent explained that well!

But i cudnt find it for like a week and was so annoyed then i was like oh it was right infront of me :green:

:) xxx

I am sure Creative (CND) do a miricle buffer and the shine is amazing, the shine lasts for about 2 wks on acrylic or natural nails :)

Hey thank you both, what a duh, ive found it, sometimes i get dizzy finding myself round here xx

i rub cuticle oil into the nail then buff with an ezflow snow monkey then i apply glaze n go by nsi & cure for 2 mins.....gaurenteed glossy nails every time! :) x

i heard about this before with the cuticle oil .. might try it some time..

What half worked though was the nail buffer shine ones (they are like a really smooth rubber kind of buffer) lol!, they made it go shiny but took a while and your arm ached :S

xx

i heard about this before with the cuticle oil .. might try it some time..

What half worked though was the nail buffer shine ones (they are like a really smooth rubber kind of buffer) lol!, they made it go shiny but took a while and your arm ached :S

xx

Get yourself the Entity Shiner - honestly, its amazing and it just floats over the nails - no pressure required. I don't like using oil before buffing as I have found it wrecks the buffer and in the long run costs me more money. x

The right tools and a bit of elbow grease lol, will get you a to die for glass shine.

To get that glass shine you need to increase the grit on your file.
Do this in stages, after using the 240 side of your koala , turn it over , solar oil the nail and then buff in the solar oil with the 1200 grit of the koala.
Then wipe with scrubfresh and use the girlfriend buffer, black side, white side and then the grey side. Wipe the grey side with a little scrubfresh and buff like you would polish your shoes.It will give you a shine that will last for 2 weeks.......... its like glass..............Beautiful xxx

HTH

I use a gel topcoat after shaping and buffing :green:
Saves you so much time!

I use a 3 way buffer (black, white, grey) then use the 'Edge Super Shiner' (the white side) quickly until I hear the nail squeek. The nails (natural or acrylic) look like they have a coat of shiney polish on them and it lasts for weeks.

Latest posts

Back