Getting clients to try Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacie88

Reaction score
Hi geeks :) I've invested in nail harmonys gelish.

Anyway I read on here that gelish has turned a lot of businesses around. However hardly any of my clients or new clients will try it! They all want long l&p enhancements. I'm trying my best to advertise and promote the product. Leaflets, Facebook, word of mouth. I'm telling everyone the benefits and I have had a few booked in for rockstars on toes, but that's it! A lot seem to think its no different to polish, so this is why I'm trying to give everyone lots of information.

Did it take anyone else a while to pick up their regular gelish clients? And did any l&p clients convert or try it? I really enjoy doing gelish and rockstars so would like to get a few more people to start having it. Plus it cost a bit of money. I made the mistake of doing l&p enhancements too cheap at the beginning because i was learning so didn't really want to do offers with gelish, as I know it's rare alot will come back and pay the full price when it goes up, especially this close to Christmas. I want to save my offers for jan, feb etc xx

I dont have much experience with this, but I have found that people who want acrylics do not want to swap to Gelish or other similar polishes. It really is the natural nail clients who are interested.

So far my customers have been those who have tried gelish or shellac before, and those who never actually normally have their nails done at all. Once these experience these new polishes such as gelish or shellac they seem become hooked on getting their nails done.

As I said my experience is limited but that is my findings so far.

xx

I dont have much experience with this, but I have found that people who want acrylics do not want to swap to Gelish or other similar polishes. It really is the natural nail clients who are interested.

So far my customers have been those who have tried gelish or shellac before, and those who never actually normally have their nails done at all. Once these experience these new polishes such as gelish or shellac they seem become hooked on getting their nails done.

As I said my experience is limited but that is my findings so far.

xx

I think this is a critical point. Shellac, Gelish, et al have been marketed primarily towards natural nail clients, and particularly towards women who do not get their nails done regularly. I believe that these gel/polish type services have great potential to get millions of such women back to the salon.

I do think there is a small market within the pool of L&P clients for these services. While many/most L&P clients are going for enhancement/length, some are going for protection and strength. I think these are potential Gelish clients.

Last edited:
Thanks for that :) I'm probably advertising to the wrong clients then as most have l&p. Will re-think where I advertise to xx

Ive written on here before that Gelish has turned my business around but I do not do enhancements at all, only natural nails so thats probably why.

Thanks everyone, I know where I'm going wrong.

I'm going to advertise gelish more to potential new clients who prefer the natural nail overlay, as opposed to the enhancement clients which most of mine are xx

I tell ALL potential clients and existing clients of all the services I do. ie Minx, Gelish, L&P, gel etc etc. The ones who want longer nails and strength may also want colour so thats is also where gelish comes in. Let them know that they can have a colour on for up to 3 weeks. If they like colours then they could have just clear extensions and put the gelish over. When they have infills they will want a change of colour too, believe me.

You must wear it yourself too, if they can see it, they usually want it. ;)

Latest posts

Back