Getting curls to last

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondering if there are any products any one could recommend for holding curls? When ever I do my own it's pretty much straight again within a few hours.

Thank you :) x

Hey. I'm not a hairdresser but I have really long hair extensions and what I do to make my curls last is use a wand, then hold the curl in my hand until it cools and then let it drop. This then means the hair cools and holds in this position! I then just put hairspray on the end of the hair and not all over so that it doesn't weight it down [emoji4]xxx

Not a hairdresser but you could try pinning the curls until just before you're going out? Also don't straighten your hair before you curl it, it curls better and they hold for longer x

Have you ever tried the be curly line in Aveda?

Firstly you need 'dirty hair' not freshly washed.
Add product in when drying it the night before such as a strong hold mousse. Setting lotion is also good but it will feel a bit sticky so bare with it. There are lots of great products you can try so as you're a beauty bod, see what's available in your local wholesaler. Also, ask your hairdresser for recommendations as they will know your particular hair type.

Otherwise, take very small neat sections and use your heated curler (wand/tong/straighteners) to create your curl. Dont be tempted to use too high a temperature as this will just burn your hair. Not good.
Don't comb it out but pin it to your head whilst it cools. Once completely cooled, loosely comb/brush or run your fingers through and add hairspray.

Don't fiddle with it once done! :)

Latest posts

Back