Getting IBX procedure down-please, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russian doll

Reaction score
So I got my IBX kit, which I'm super excited about, since I have a few clients that are perfect for it and others that are very curious about it (well, since I've talked about it so much I guess). But even after watching official videos and reading the whole thread about it I still have a few unclear things in my head.

Also I would really love know if there is anything I can do to cut down on time that it takes. So far I've done it on 2 clients, and it took me almost 30 min for just IBX application. I understand that the first procedure is longer, but with how much I charge for it it is just not making any sense for me profit wise. My set up is this: I use a nail dryer for a heat source, and have a CND UV machine. The nail dryer I can use for both hands at the same time, so this helps a bit, but the UV light takes 2 min for each hand and each application, so it really adds up. I understand that a LED machine would save me a lot of time, but I'm not ready to invest in it just yet, not knowing how IBX will go with the clients.

So if anyone can share their own procedure and the way they are doing it-I would really appreciate it!!!

I'm also wondering (and this might be a stupid question) if 2 hands can be cured in CND machine at the same time? I mean once you take the tray out? My hands fit there no problem, and I can see the light getting to all the nails, but I have smallish hands and I guess it would be hard to control how the client put their hands in there, right?

And the unclear thing is this-when do you actually do your manicure-before IBX or after? I mean a classic soak manicure. In their instructional video it says to prep the nails, perform IBX treatment and then continue onto your manicure. But if you are prepping the nails-trimming, filing, buffing-doesn't it make sense to just finish the cuticles as well and then do IBX on clean, prepped, cuticle free nails? Does it matter in which order it is done?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get it all down! It looks like it's going to be a really great treatment and help, but I need to figure out how to do it efficiently :) thanks for all and any help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for that, but I went through it all and it's all the same information I've already seen. I guess I was looking more for personal input-if anyone used it already and found a way/system to shorten the timings? Also I would still like to know if it matters in which order a manicure is done? Could I finish my manicure (minus polish and massage) and then do IBX? It's just not fitting into my treatment very well right now and takes way too long to be profitable.

Also intrigued to know if u could do 2 hands at same time?

I have 2 lamps but bit of stramash getting both out, clearing desk etc.

So I got my IBX kit, which I'm super excited about, since I have a few clients that are perfect for it and others that are very curious about it (well, since I've talked about it so much I guess). But even after watching official videos and reading the whole thread about it I still have a few unclear things in my head.

Also I would really love know if there is anything I can do to cut down on time that it takes. So far I've done it on 2 clients, and it took me almost 30 min for just IBX application. I understand that the first procedure is longer, but with how much I charge for it it is just not making any sense for me profit wise. My set up is this: I use a nail dryer for a heat source, and have a CND UV machine. The nail dryer I can use for both hands at the same time, so this helps a bit, but the UV light takes 2 min for each hand and each application, so it really adds up. I understand that a LED machine would save me a lot of time, but I'm not ready to invest in it just yet, not knowing how IBX will go with the clients.

So if anyone can share their own procedure and the way they are doing it-I would really appreciate it!!!

I'm also wondering (and this might be a stupid question) if 2 hands can be cured in CND machine at the same time? I mean once you take the tray out? My hands fit there no problem, and I can see the light getting to all the nails, but I have smallish hands and I guess it would be hard to control how the client put their hands in there, right?

And the unclear thing is this-when do you actually do your manicure-before IBX or after? I mean a classic soak manicure. In their instructional video it says to prep the nails, perform IBX treatment and then continue onto your manicure. But if you are prepping the nails-trimming, filing, buffing-doesn't it make sense to just finish the cuticles as well and then do IBX on clean, prepped, cuticle free nails? Does it matter in which order it is done?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get it all down! It looks like it's going to be a really great treatment and help, but I need to figure out how to do it efficiently :) thanks for all and any help!!!

I am going to have Linda comment too, but wanted to give you some quick education: Obviously, using an LED light will save a lot of time. Sweet Squared has the new Dashing Diva compact LED light that is fantastic...great price and super compact. If you can fit both hands in the lamp and get full coverage from the uv light you have, you can try that, but we cant really give a definitive opinion, but I would test it on a client or two. Once you have done the first application, the time cuts down a lot. We are actually testing (only after the first application, which lays the "basement foundation" in the upper layers of the nail plate) using only one minute for the heat. We are still testing this, but so far, its looking good. If you want to try that, let us know how it works. 30 minutes sounds too long, but on a new product there is always a learning curve. On the on-going you should be able to get down below 10 minutes. Will keep you posted on our testing of the heat.

Obviously, you will cut the time down by half with an LED light, and yes, the first application takes longer as you are doing double treatment. An also, please try and remember you are doing a new service, until this becomes natural to you it may take a little longer.

as far as curing 2 hands in the UV lamp, not sure you would get every angle of the nail cured????

As far as the manicure, I do my prep before my IBX treatment, then do a full manicure whether it be water or oil afterwards and the reason is that we do not want the nail to be filled with any liquid or oil that may block the penetration of the IBX.

Hopefully this helped, any other questions, please feel free to ask me!!!

I am going to have Linda comment too, but wanted to give you some quick education: Obviously, using an LED light will save a lot of time. Sweet Squared has the new Dashing Diva compact LED light that is fantastic...great price and super compact. If you can fit both hands in the lamp and get full coverage from the uv light you have, you can try that, but we cant really give a definitive opinion, but I would test it on a client or two. Once you have done the first application, the time cuts down a lot. We are actually testing (only after the first application, which lays the "basement foundation" in the upper layers of the nail plate) using only one minute for the heat. We are still testing this, but so far, its looking good. If you want to try that, let us know how it works. 30 minutes sounds too long, but on a new product there is always a learning curve. On the on-going you should be able to get down below 10 minutes. Will keep you posted on our testing of the heat.

Thank you. This is very helpful and look forward to results of heat testing!

Obviously, you will cut the time down by half with an LED light, and yes, the first application takes longer as you are doing double treatment. An also, please try and remember you are doing a new service, until this becomes natural to you it may take a little longer.

as far as curing 2 hands in the UV lamp, not sure you would get every angle of the nail cured????

As far as the manicure, I do my prep before my IBX treatment, then do a full manicure whether it be water or oil afterwards and the reason is that we do not want the nail to be filled with any liquid or oil that may block the penetration of the IBX.

Hopefully this helped, any other questions, please feel free to ask me!!!

I use cuticle away would it best to use before ibx or after? xx

Is the Dashing Diva LED light on Sweet Squared's website now or is it launching soon? I've had a quick look and can't find it.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the above, however, I rang Sweet Squared on Friday and asked about the Dashing Diva LED lamp and was told they do not have it although hope to add it in the future but no indication of when.

Thanks so much Lindabuffet and Customerisking for replying!!! It does make sense what you say about water (and no, I wouldn't use oil before IBX). I will be waiting to hear about your time testing!
As for now I actually counted the time the first treatment should take me, and even with me using heat on both hands at the same time, it's 21 minutes for just heat application and curing, so not counting the prep or application of product. That is doing 1 hand in the UV machine at a time with 2 minutes curing time. Sorry, I guess I just had the need to explain why it took me 30 minutes, lol! Obviously with it being totally new I was going back to instructions, and I understand that the ongoing treatment will be much shorter!
So I did try to cure both hands in my CND machine (with tray out), and didn't really see any difference in the outcome. The way I did it is make the client cross her hands and spread her fingers, so fingers of one hand ended up being between fingers of the other hand (hope that makes sense!). It did cut my timing, which made me much happier, lol, but I'm just worried that I actually would not see if there are spots the IBX that were not cured?
I understand that ideally I should invest in the LED machine, but with my small home business that's just starting to pick up I'm not ready to do it just yet (I don't use any other products that can be LED cured, so it would be only for IBX). I want to see if it will be popular with my clients first :)

After is best

Thanks for the above, however, I rang Sweet Squared on Friday and asked about the Dashing Diva LED lamp and was told they do not have it although hope to add it in the future but no indication of when.
That's because we like surprises! :D:D

That's because we like surprises! :D:D

Gah, this is the one thing that drives me up the wall about S2!!!! I've said it before and I'll no doubt have occassion to say it again but suprises are not helpful for my business!!!

I'm about to buy an LED lamp from another supplier, but now I'm going to have to wait.... until pro beauty I guess.... to find out what S2 has to offer. As it'll probably be the best/exactly what I want so I'll kick myself if I don't wait. But no indication, of what/when/cost? argh! frustrating, stressfull, not fun.

Gah, this is the one thing that drives me up the wall about S2!!!! I've said it before and I'll no doubt have occassion to say it again but suprises are not helpful for my business!!!

I'm about to buy an LED lamp from another supplier, but now I'm going to have to wait.... until pro beauty I guess.... to find out what S2 has to offer. As it'll probably be the best/exactly what I want so I'll kick myself if I don't wait. But no indication, of what/when/cost? argh! frustrating, stressfull, not fun.

I have to agree with you on this. It would have made much sense for Louella Belle to have sourced a suitable heat lamp and led lamp in preparation for the launch. Where as, S2 have the minx lamp but not a suitable led. Both have missed a trick here imho.

Thanks so much Lindabuffet and Customerisking for replying!!! It does make sense what you say about water (and no, I wouldn't use oil before IBX). I will be waiting to hear about your time testing!
As for now I actually counted the time the first treatment should take me, and even with me using heat on both hands at the same time, it's 21 minutes for just heat application and curing, so not counting the prep or application of product. That is doing 1 hand in the UV machine at a time with 2 minutes curing time. Sorry, I guess I just had the need to explain why it took me 30 minutes, lol! Obviously with it being totally new I was going back to instructions, and I understand that the ongoing treatment will be much shorter!
So I did try to cure both hands in my CND machine (with tray out), and didn't really see any difference in the outcome. The way I did it is make the client cross her hands and spread her fingers, so fingers of one hand ended up being between fingers of the other hand (hope that makes sense!). It did cut my timing, which made me much happier, lol, but I'm just worried that I actually would not see if there are spots the IBX that were not cured?
I understand that ideally I should invest in the LED machine, but with my small home business that's just starting to pick up I'm not ready to do it just yet (I don't use any other products that can be LED cured, so it would be only for IBX). I want to see if it will be popular with my clients first :)

I totally understand, wait for the DD LED light anyway, it is small and compact. Remember that the first application will take longer AND once you get used to the steps, don't have to look at directions, etc it will go faster. it sounds like you improvised very well! Keep us posted.

I bought one of the Dashing Diva lamps and it does quicken things quite a bit. Mi apply to all ten nails, then one hand on top of the other under a 75 watt lamp. Blot, cure 4 fingers 45 sec, the other 4 fingers, then the two thumbs( they put bit thumbs in and hold the lamp). I've gotten the initial application to around 15 min

I have to agree with you on this. It would have made much sense for Louella Belle to have sourced a suitable heat lamp and led lamp in preparation for the launch. Where as, S2 have the minx lamp but not a suitable led. Both have missed a trick here imho.
I was told by Louella Belle that a heat source would be available when IBX launches at Excel.

I use a 75watt bulb in my table lamp, works perfectly and I didn't have to buy anything

I bought one of the Dashing Diva lamps and it does quicken things quite a bit. Mi apply to all ten nails, then one hand on top of the other under a 75 watt lamp. Blot, cure 4 fingers 45 sec, the other 4 fingers, then the two thumbs( they put bit thumbs in and hold the lamp). I've gotten the initial application to around 15 min
Wow, 15 min sounds great! :)

Latest posts

Back