Getting Rid of Fashion Colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one-simple-lie

Reaction score
Ok, so just before Christmas I put two fashion colours through my fringe, and now I'm a bit sick of them!! I used Fudge Pink Moon and Goldfinger. I was just wondering if you guys have any advice on trying to get these colours out?? My hair is like almost white blonde and I want to try and get it all the same colour again, if I can!

If you hair is almost white blonde I'm guessing your hair is very porous and fragile to begin with? If thats the case then your hair is probably stained and I wouldn't recommend using bleach if your hair is already fragile. Since it's in your fringe area, I don't think it'll be long to grow out since that part is trimmed a lot more frequently than the rest of the hair anyway.

Maybe try a color remover?

Maybe redken preart under heat might pull some out. But ya...i wouldn't mess w bleach :/

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Color strippers do not work on semi permanent color. They are formulated to reoxidze oxidative color only so that it shrinks and can be washed out ith clarifier.
That being said, I have had limited success with bleaching i out, but as it is a stain, it will lighten to a certain point, and after that it seems to lock the last bit if the color in:irked:
White blonde will not withstand a process of bleaching without signifigant damage, so you'll likely be left needing to go darker over the stained bits.

From what experience ive had its probably best to let it fade out. It stains the cuticle so washing repeatedly is really the only thing that works on such blonde hair. As suggested you could try slicing into or trimming your fringe to take some of the more obvious bits of colour out.

Thanks for the info guys, its very appreciated! But yeah, I did try a colour stripper - Effasor and I just used really hot water, because I was too scared to use 20 vol, just in case my fringe disappeared! It did get some of the colour out, but not a lot. Well, I think I will just leave it, as much as I really hate it... Or even go darker might not be a bad idea! I was actually discussing that today haha! Full head of Composite Coffee! Anyways, thanks guys for the info, it really is appreciated!

Latest posts

Back