Getting rid of green?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sv1711

Reaction score
So I've got a client who has gone pastel green but now wants to go blonde. I've seen on here to try clear and 30 vol that didn't do anything , would you say bleach would be best as her hair isn't in the best condition
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444054763.140423.jpg

Try a colour remover.

Bleach would be last resort. The pastel has likely stained the cuticle whereas bleach works in the cortex so I shouldn't imagine it'll do a great deal. I've heard some people have even found it makes the colour stain more?!

^ wise words.

Try colour touch relights /44 and /00.

Try a colour remover.

Bleach would be last resort. The pastel has likely stained the cuticle whereas bleach works in the cortex so I shouldn't imagine it'll do a great deal. I've heard some people have even found it makes the colour stain more?!

We strand tested a girls hair in college today who had bleached hers then put on a blue crazy col. When that faded she put on a red box dye.
So now she has faded red roots where the regrowth was from growing out the blue. Then mids and ends are a yukky faded khaki and red patchy mess.
When we strand tested the faded green with bleach it went mint green. She won't be getting that out anytime soon!

If it's a faded crazy colour type product, trying to get it to a pale blonde will probably be a disaster.

Bleach is unlikely to help and ruin the condition even more. (Olaplex can only repair broken bonds but can't repair damaged cuticles.)

You could try a colour remover specifically formulated for direct dyes but I don't know how successful it will be. Also try a clear quasi with 3% if the condition will allow?

Otherwise try using something on a base 7 perhaps but not a green ash, for obvious reasons!

If it was me, I'd be doing a lot of strand tests first to check the likely results rather than just giving it a go.

Would u try a 10 with a dash of red concentrate or am I on completely the wrong path. I've never had this before and just want to get it right without any further damage X I've tried clear with 9% and nothing happened. Can u recommend any colour removers for direct dyes

Well, 10 would be trying to blow the colour out, as far as I'm aware. Where as the red would be trying to neutralise.

They would kind of work against each other?

Have you tried what @cams97 said. He's really knowledgeable when it comes to colour.

Ok I'll have to try and find a wella stockist of colour touch relights as I'm in Spain so colours are limited and I currently use revlon colours xx

The best I tried on my own hair, was neutralising the blue or green, with orange/peach/pink and it toned it great! I use revlon nutricolor conditioner which is much better than crazy colour obvs. But blue and green is a nightmare to get out, it comes back to life! Neutralising is better than bleaching I say

Bleach will force it further into the cuticle. You can use clear and 20 volume, pravana zero or malibu DDL.

I've had a similar situation my client read online about using vitamin C tablets and she did that herself which faded it slightly I did her hair 2 weeks later i used loreal inoa clear and 20vol twice which faded it quite a bit then a few weeks later did the Same again it now only has a slight hint of green which is barely noticeable she has since started using fudge violet shampoo she thinks it's made a difference/helped as once again shed read about it online [emoji85] this is a teenager that sees all the celebs with there ever changing hair and thinks I can do it over night and keep the condition of her hair in tact!

Latest posts

Back