Getting the correct shade of foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shezybabes

Reaction score
I am currently wearing Estée Lauder double wear shade 1N1 but feel it is a bit dark for me.

I am pale skinned with redness that can come through. I read that N in Estée Lauder is neutral with a peachy tone and the C is Cool with pinky toner and W is warm with yellow tones.

This is a picture with the foundation on.

I do not want to waste anymore money on getting the shade wrong and I like Estée Lauder as I have oily skin.

Can anyone advise please.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376737724.344158.jpg

Why not get a few samples from them and see what you like best?

The best way to match foundation for a natural look is to run a line of it from your jaw down to your neck. Choose a shade a bit darker and then work your way through the shades until you can't see one, that will be the correct match for your face and prevents you looking as if you are wearing a mask or that your head belongs to someone else.

Too many time, especially with redness, a shade too dark is matched for you. Foundation should balance the skin and then you add the colour back with blusher/bronzer etc.

Your Estee Lauder counter should do this for you as they will have samples to work from. Don't let them guess and don't let them match your cheeks! :D

Latest posts

Back