Getting worse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samjackjord

Reaction score
I have recently started working again after last 2 babys and I am going slowly mad. My gel nails are fine as I kept these up whilst on maternity, but l&p are getting worse!
I cant seem to get my mix ratio right! As a result it is either running into the side walls from being too wet or so dry it wont leave the brush:cry: When I started back there was room for improvement with apex etc but now they are just awful. Luckily only been practising on nail trainer, would love to blame it on that! Was hoping to do a conversion with cnd but now I think I will have to do foundation:confused: I thought it would just be sculpted I would struggle with after time away.
Anyway, has anyone else found that after time away they had problems? Do I just keep trying? I'm getting really peeved as my gels are good, minx good etc
The problem is I cant afford foundation course for a long while, any tips or ideas would be more than welcome!

Thanks

I have recently started working again after last 2 babys and I am going slowly mad. My gel nails are fine as I kept these up whilst on maternity, but l&p are getting worse!
I cant seem to get my mix ratio right! As a result it is either running into the side walls from being too wet or so dry it wont leave the brush:cry: When I started back there was room for improvement with apex etc but now they are just awful. Luckily only been practising on nail trainer, would love to blame it on that! Was hoping to do a conversion with cnd but now I think I will have to do foundation:confused: I thought it would just be sculpted I would struggle with after time away.
Anyway, has anyone else found that after time away they had problems? Do I just keep trying? I'm getting really peeved as my gels are good, minx good etc
The problem is I cant afford foundation course for a long while, any tips or ideas would be more than welcome!

Thanks

Hi and firstly dont sweat as L&P and gel are completley dif systems. Whom did you originally train with?

Its like anything you need to practise, make mistakes and ask questions, then learn from them. However if you are not doing this ofcourse you are going to be crap lol (so to speak) Nails. Hair, skin, etc it does not matter what it is aslong as you understand your product chemistry HOW your products work and WHY and when they dont work then WHY, not all nails are suited to gel or L&P, or free form sculpts or tip and overlay and it is imortant to understand this and WHY.

Do you understand the difference in gel and why one persons nails woulkd be good and another not?? I am not having a go just asking, as offering one system, such as gel is not apropriate to most clients, ( I myself so not offer gel as not traine but I know I need to train in this aswell as fibre glass)

Here to help, there is loads of geeks here also very helpfull xx

Hi,
I have trained with young nails and also nsi in gel and acrylic. If I could go back I would of trained with cnd from the start.
I understand the product etc it is just that for some reason my mix ratio is all to pot. Not sure if it is my brush, but have got it right with the brush before they started going from bad to worse lol
I'm just getting really annoyed with myself! I love gel and completely agree with it suiting some and not others and me and gel are best buddies :) it's just a shame me and l&p are not on good terms.
Even before I went on maternity I did more gel than acrylic so my confidence is getting worse with every practice set I do! I use the reverse technique which used to work really well for me but now everything is wrong

The only thing I can say is read, undersatand, practise, make mistakes, cry:cry: laugh lol,,but most of all understand your products,and procedure.

I think the leaders in nail are are that for a reason?? I trained with CND and yes have had problems, but with ME not the products. I never once thought 'ohhh think il useXXX brand cos cnd is not good' I knew it was me.

Start with the best, Learn from the best, Be the best. xxx

I think you misunderstand me as my intention is to train with Cnd as there training and education is rated the best. I am not doing this thinking that using a different product will be a quick fix.
The problem lies with me and I just can't seem to get it right. Fustrating when it was good before!
I was more thinking do I pay for 1-1 with creative or would it be a waste of time? Would they do 1-1 for help with mix ratio etc?
Are there any practice tips for mix ratio?
Thanks for your help x
I think it's just that as I'm out of practice I've lost my confidence and just need to get it right.

I think you misunderstand me as my intention is to train with Cnd as there training and education is rated the best. I am not doing this thinking that using a different product will be a quick fix.
The problem lies with me and I just can't seem to get it right. Fustrating when it was good before!
I was more thinking do I pay for 1-1 with creative or would it be a waste of time? Would they do 1-1 for help with mix ratio etc?
Are there any practice tips for mix ratio?
Thanks for your help x
I think it's just that as I'm out of practice I've lost my confidence and just need to get it right.

A 1-1 with CND would be of great benefit, and they would defo help you with you problem.
I have NEVER had a problem with my mix ratio ever, HOWEVER, the other week I bought a new brush, size 8 (as usual) with longer bristles, and I cannot get mymix ratio right first time, so maybe try a different brush?? Just a thought?

You dont need to do a CND Foundation class .. all you need to do is a Conversion class and theywill cover mix ratio very well on that class as well as many other things. The class is free all you buy is the kit. I strongly recomend you ring 08452106060 and discuss your options with them.

You are not far from Julia Moran near Manchester so PERFECT ... she'll get you going in no time with this. :hug:

Hi, i too have recently had a break from doing nails, 3 years infact! and its a nightmare trying to get back into it, but i've been practising on friends which takes the pressure off a lot. i too was having the issue of the incorrect ratio. My beads were far to runny and were running off the nail plate onto the skin, which of course was then making the acrylic lift off the nail within a matter of days. i was using the edge products when this kept happening. Since then i have been using a sample pack of the Young nails powder and monomer, and its brilliant!!! When you dip the brush into the monomer and then into the powder count to 3 before you apply the bead to the nail, this gives the product a few seconds to thicken which means when you put it on to the natural nail it doesnt run everywhere, and it self levels!!! no more lumps!!! remember, dont use the tip of your brush, this was my mistake, you have to use the bulk of the brush to shape. order a sample pack of the young nails products, and count to 3 before applying it, see how you get on, i really do believe now that using the right product is very important. I've still got such a long way to go before i produce 'perfect nails' but just by trying a new product and having few sets come out not lumpy i have regained a little bit of confidence, i think the rest comes with practice - I'm hoping anyway! Any advice anyone can share would be much appreciated!!Let me know how you get on!

Hi, i too have recently had a break from doing nails, 3 years infact! and its a nightmare trying to get back into it, but i've been practising on friends which takes the pressure off a lot. i too was having the issue of the incorrect ratio. My beads were far to runny and were running off the nail plate onto the skin, which of course was then making the acrylic lift off the nail within a matter of days. i was using the edge products when this kept happening. Since then i have been using a sample pack of the Young nails powder and monomer, and its brilliant!!! When you dip the brush into the monomer and then into the powder count to 3 before you apply the bead to the nail, this gives the product a few seconds to thicken which means when you put it on to the natural nail it doesnt run everywhere, and it self levels!!! no more lumps!!! remember, dont use the tip of your brush, this was my mistake, you have to use the bulk of the brush to shape. order a sample pack of the young nails products, and count to 3 before applying it, see how you get on, i really do believe now that using the right product is very important. I've still got such a long way to go before i produce 'perfect nails' but just by trying a new product and having few sets come out not lumpy i have regained a little bit of confidence, i think the rest comes with practice - I'm hoping anyway! Any advice anyone can share would be much appreciated!!Let me know how you get on!
Hi, I originally trained with young nails and it is their products I am currently using! I have to admit they are a good product..... but
I really think it is me, just been away from it too long and probably too many gaps in my knowledge.

You dont need to do a CND Foundation class .. all you need to do is a Conversion class and theywill cover mix ratio very well on that class as well as many other things. The class is free all you buy is the kit. I strongly recomend you ring 08452106060 and discuss your options with them.
I thought that being a conversion it would be less in depth and was worried about taking up too much time with mix being wrong etcis just to ask questions instead of presuming lol
Really was not sure what to expect from the day, my lesson learnt

You are not far from Julia Moran near Manchester so PERFECT ... she'll get you going in no time with this. :hug:

I did a minx day with Julia and it was her passion and enthusiasm for cnd and nails in general that really inspired me. I will assume that all cnd educators are the same from my personal experience. After that day I just want to create the best enhancements I can with the best education and products I can.
I have to admit at first I thought what is all the fuss and hype about with creative, but I can honestly say that I can see why!
It is the passion that is so infectious and it just makes you want to achieve. Thank you for the reply and I am just going to bite the bullet and do the conversion day, use the best products and practice practice and practise some more:)
I took your advise on a previous thread regarding a nail trainer and bought one new! I am so glad I did as it has probably saved me a lot in the long run.
:hug:

Latest posts

Back