GHD curve tong issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailo

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago my hairdresser gave me a curly blow dry. The curls were dropping almost as soon as she had taken the brush out (this happens all the time to all poor hairdressers who try and give me a bouncy blowdry!). Anyway she used the ghd curve tong on my hair to lock in the curls and it worked quite well, she curled my hair and then shook them out so I had the curly blow dry 'flicked' look. So I bought the tongs myself and I tried them out last night doing everything she had done but it was a disaster, zero flicks, just frizzy straight hair! Can anyone here recommend some good products to use with this tong to ensure my flicks last?

Ghd curl hold spray protects and holds curl x

Your hairdresser has probably been doing what she did on your hair for years, although it may not look like it there's probably certain things she does that you don't even realise, you can't expect to get the look your hairdresser does after only one go! Just keep practising x

You need two things to create movement with tongs - firstly the hair needs to be heated enough to break the hydrogen bonds in the hair, this means not taking sections too big, and holding the hair on the tongs long enough.

For ghd curve it is about 8 seconds depending on how tight you want the curl and your desired result. Second thing is allowing the curls to cool down until they have set. After removing the tongs you can cup/scrunch up the curl in your hand for a few seconds so that it can cool down into a curl and then pull it down if you want more of a wave. I think ghd have some decent tutorials on their youtube.

Your hairdresser has probably been doing what she did on your hair for years, although it may not look like it there's probably certain things she does that you don't even realise, you can't expect to get the look your hairdresser does after only one go! Just keep practising x

Oh no, I was in no way expecting to get the exact same look, but I just thought I'd get something! I looked the exact same as before I started

You need two things to create movement with tongs - firstly the hair needs to be heated enough to break the hydrogen bonds in the hair, this means not taking sections too big, and holding the hair on the tongs long enough.

For ghd curve it is about 8 seconds depending on how tight you want the curl and your desired result. Second thing is allowing the curls to cool down until they have set. After removing the tongs you can cup/scrunch up the curl in your hand for a few seconds so that it can cool down into a curl and then pull it down if you want more of a wave. I think ghd have some decent tutorials on their youtube.

Thank you, really helpful!

Latest posts

Back