Gift vouchers-what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
When you have people trying to use vouchers outside of the expiry date? Do you even have one?

There were some threads before on this subject if you do a search in this forum.

I think the right thing to do is honour vouchers that have been paid for.

Has someone tried to redeem an out of date voucher? How far out is it?

Agreed, I have an expiry date-to encourage people to book the appointment. Although I would redeem the voucher after the date.
If you have increased your prices since the voucher was paid for just inform the client as they book their appointment it would be x amount on top of the voucher due to a price increase since purchase.

The only expiry dates I stick to on gift vouchers are 'free' vouchers (ones I have donated to xmas fayres etc) but I do give them 4 months.

My normal vouchers I ask if it is for a birthday then date it 6 months from the date the client will receive the voucher. Xx

I have people always trying to use year old (or older) vouchers. I usually dont honour these but lately I have been wondering if I did honour them, whats the point using an expiry date?!

I have people always trying to use year old (or older) vouchers. I usually dont honour these but lately I have been wondering if I did honour them, whats the point using an expiry date?!

There is great differences here, some are hard and fast accept them others are stick to dates.

I allow a week or two over (if they book before the expiry) out of good will but that's it. I'm running a business and in that comes terms and conditions clients have to adhere to, including vouchers, skin testing etc... Xoxo

My vouchers are valid for 12 months. I would accept a few weeks over but if It's over a year I wouldn't. I think it depends on the therapist but my expiry date is on there for a reason and It's up to the client to arrange a booking, after all they have a year to do it. If someone has purchased a voucher I have it on record and when it comes near to the expiry date I just text the client and just remind them thats It's due to expire.

Latest posts

Back