Giltter ratio mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trish1234

Reaction score
Hi peeps, i've just found some really lovely fine glitters that I had in a craft kit - my question is what ratio powder to glitter do I need to mix the both together, having never done this before?

Also can I mix with pink or does it have to be clear or white?

Thanks x

Wow, its been so long since I've been on here, I forgot how to comment on a thread!! I always use a mix of 4 powder to 1 glitter. I usually use pink as it seems to work better for me but you can use clear or natural. x

I think it will depend on the brand of powder you use and the colour of the glitter.

If you use a really vivid pink then I would not mix this with say a whitey clear glitter.

Equally if your powder brand's clear is slightly cloudy then I would be wary of it too.

Hope that helps.

Depends on the glitter, how fine it is, and what sort of an effect you want really! I use 1:3 glitter:powder for something blingy, or 1:4 glitter:powder for anything a little more subtle. I mix glitter with any colour powder (again, depends on the look you want to achieve). I also use NSI Technail Colour Powders, some of which come premixed with a little shimmer, but their recommendation for the 'Opal Shimmer' glitter provided with the kit is to mix it 1:3 with the powder of your choice.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I always use Graphix glitters for gel and L&P. For L&P Fiona always gives you the prescribed mix for your powder - and she is afellow Geek
Nail Graphix glitter Acrylic

There's some gorgeous colours on that site Adele....how big roughly are the pots of glitter? :hug:

There's some gorgeous colours on that site Adele....how big roughly are the pots of glitter? :hug:

The pot size is about 25g but half to three quarters full to allow for your powder to be added to the same pot.

The pot size is about 25g but half to three quarters full to allow for your powder to be added to the same pot.

Thanks Fiona...I'm having some of those! :green:

Latest posts

Back