Glam machine freckly tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spudclarke

Reaction score
I've had this machine for a month and it has been giving a freckly effect. I did a few searches on here and adjusted my gun and tried it in all combinations and speeds. I cleaned it as instructions told me. I phoned my supplier and they told me to clean it with maxi mist cleaner so I did this. Still no improvement so they said to return it for engineer to look at. I posted it back (cost £26!) and they sent it back the next day in same condition with no communication. So I cancelled my weekend appointments and plan on phoning the company tomorrow.
My question for you is has anyone had a faulty glam? If I've tried it at all settings using 2 different solutions it can't be me surely? Just want some confirmation so I can try and get a refund or replacement. Thanks people!

I've only used this machine a couple of times but the tan looks freckly when u spray bit develops ok. Have u seen results after showering?

Thanks for the reply. Some are freckly some end up ok. I didn't realise it could be normal. Is that very different to other machines? I'd only heard good things about the glam so I thought I'd made a good purchase. Should I look at switching or try and pursue an exchange? If you say it's normal then I don't have a leg to stand on I suppose

Thanks for the reply. Some are freckly some end up ok. I didn't realise it could be normal. Is that very different to other machines? I'd only heard good things about the glam so I thought I'd made a good purchase. Should I look at switching or try and pursue an exchange? If you say it's normal then I don't have a leg to stand on I suppose

Have you phoned your trainer? They should be able to help you.

Hi, I've got a glam machine. I have machine set on high with heat and gun on no more than a 2 which uses about 40ml solution. I also start every client with cup filled 3/4 of the way. It can spot / freckle when spraying motion is too fast or to slow. As cloughers said speak to your trainer & they will help you. :)

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Just wanted to say, not sure which solution you're using so it's hard to tell you settings but for Nouvatan we have it on 1 and the speed on high. We only have the heat on for drying the client. Also I would have the cup quite full because it's a small cup and if the solution is near the bottom it won't be sucked up properly.

Thanks ladies. My training was so poor I retrained elsewhere and the original company are no help. I have being trying out nouvatan (fab) as I'm swapping to them and it was fine before the problem started. Now it's bad with both solutions. I've a friend coming tomorrow with her machine for me to try so I'll see how I get on. In the meantime thanks again!

Thanks ladies. My training was so poor I retrained elsewhere and the original company are no help. I have being trying out nouvatan (fab) as I'm swapping to them and it was fine before the problem started. Now it's bad with both solutions. I've a friend coming tomorrow with her machine for me to try so I'll see how I get on. In the meantime thanks again!

Have you been cleaning it properly after tans? Fill up the cup with warm water and spray it through.

Yes every time, a slightly soapy cup followed by just water. I even used the maxi mist cleaner the last time even though it's not needed. I'm baffled!

Hi i've had this problem before and it was actually down to not shaking my solution enough before I used it...I also have the glam machine x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We sell these machines and have had no problems with the guns at all. They have a Teflon coating which prevents clogging so common in most other guns. It could be as others have suggested you don't have enough solution in the cup. Go back to your supplier if this doesn't solve the problem.
HTH
Liz

Thanks everyone. I'll try using more solution and give it a shake before use

Latest posts

Back