Glimmer/shimmer gel over acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Nak

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I would like a shimmer/glitter affect to go over my L&P nails. I use creative and notice that they do a silver shimmer Brisa gel, would I be able to use this over my L&P and if so would I then need to use the finishing gloss over the top of this? Oh and the liquid bond between the L&P/gel?

Also if anyone knows of any other ideas...Im not sure if you can just buy a gel topcoat with glitter in it.

Any help would be great

Thanks x

Yeah you could do that no probs...just make sure to finish the L&P to a 180 surface so that the gel can adhere to it fully....cure and then you would then apply the Brisa gloss for that high shine effect....cure then wipe and oil.

I just bought this last weekend.
Kim in the salon did her nails with it....but she used it as a base layer and then overlayed with clear l&p, then you can buff to a shine if you wish.
Stunning results...her nails are gorgeous and I am very jealous!:cry:

Yes, you can put Shimmers over L&P. Just make sure to have freshly cured L&P as the gel tends to stick better then when the L&P is old. And yes, put Topcoat or Gloss gel over the Shimmer gel for a more smooth finish.

Latest posts

Back